Saturday, July 14, 2007

The visit.

So yeah I had a lot to do with my hands this week. I was finally finishing my puerto rican flag- pix soon- and I just finished "naked" by David Sedaris, which is so funny and I kinda wanna go to a nudist "trailer park." anyways, I was so busy that I haven't posted about Lauren's recent trip like I wanted to.

Yeah so she showed up on the third. I had to find someone to work for me so I could "go see my aunt." in reality we were headed to the Compound to the TI party. Oh we were so cute. After what seemed like forever getting ready (they came to get me first thing into town) La and Reka and I headed out lookin fly. Pix are at myspace. We stood in line after getting the lil passes and still had to pay out the rear to get in. Bah. Despite that, it was fun. We spent the time in line doing "commentary" on others and even made friends in the process! I don't remember their names but we acted a damn fool in that line. In the club Reka's ex was trying to impress and get back in her good graces. Aw.

Saw fonsworth Bentley in a damn suit! Can I just say that even though it was night, it was hot out man, and he looked like he was about to do the umbrella dance. And I know that he coulda dressed for the weather cuz I seen him before in a polo and shorts. He is almost as bad as my homie in the sweater vest.

Anywho, after the club we took our tired asses to the waffle house. Shh, Jameil! The food was banging but the air conditioner was on Morgue. And there was what I assume were drunk white kids behind us screaming the entire time we were there. Hate! The ex was monopolizing Reka. Lol but she wasn't interested. The ship has passed!

The next time I saw them was on my day off, Thursday. We went to my favorite restaurant, Gladys and Ron's, and we all had a midnight train. Its located right next to the hospital, just in case you catch the itis- coma, or, like Reka, you give yourself diabetes from drinking nothing but sweet tea the ENTIRE trip. We talked over lauren's tattoo, Reka's piercing, and the youngest person ever to have a baby (5 years old). Next: the mall. I tried not to spend my mortgage at the mall. There was a lot of cute stuff, and I ended up buying a tank that matched my shoes perfectly... But I had one that was close to the color and so it was kind of a waste. I'm gonna return it eventually. Lauren and Reka bought some adorable outfits and we searched for these purple and yellow nikes that la saw in Vegas. The guy at Champs was like, "maybe you imagined them..." boo. You suck. You're fired. (Eventually I went on amazon and found them) But we really went off for these shoes. The girls were shocked that I've never owned a pair of Nikes. A lot of people had them so that turned me off to them. Not sure why I never had any as a child. But once I got to a discerning age they weren't so attractive to me. Saw some nice plaid pumas though.

After that we went to lil 5 points to get Reka's nose pierced. Yes this is the same place Kesi didn't wanna take me on his "vacation." so when I went to the lil spot to get my henna, they were closed! Wtf? Its only 730! On a Thursday! So I went back across to where the girls were and after climbing a billion stairs it turns out the piercer is gone for the day. Blah. So we head to Holy Mother, where a work friend's hubby works. No go. They send us to a place called Kolo, which made us think of "culo," Spanish for booty.

I watched Reka get pierced. She teared a lil. We laughed when the lady told her she had to soak the piercing by dipping her nose in soapy water. Cute look. But the piercing was nice. She has a nose that's good for jewelry.

After that, (we really filled this day) we headed to my hood for some El Nopal. Ok now, this was the place that we went with Kesi's fam before graduation, and the experience was vastly different. There was an extremely loud birthday party there, which wouldn't have been a problem if we had gotten a waiter right away. Then, after we asked for a waiter, dude was extra whispery. That is such a pet peeve. Don't mumble at me! Especially when I'm talking at a normal tone to try to make you raise your voice.

Anyways, he brought us some un-alcoholic drinks. Can't remember what la had but I had a peach daiquiri, and I didn't notice at first that there was no liquor cuz I was so thirsty. But Lauren did. So when we asked dude to take it back, he was like, "if I do that, it'll come out of my money." so! I'm not paying for this mess! So he took them back and literally tossed a shot in the drink and brought it back. NO! Could I get a new drink?! Damn. Anyways we spoke to the manager and he was on that bull too. What happened to the customer is always right? Our food was fine but that drink ish was annoying. Add that to what I now see was lauren's annoyance at the myriad texts she was getting from her wack ex. I hate not tipping at all, but come the eff on. You gotta work for my dough.

We also saw final fantasy 2. Never saw the 1st one, but it wasn't hard to follow. We def hated on Jess alba's behind for her wig/contacts (come on! This movie made millions and this is the best you can do?) and the fact that she finally feels like she's escaped her latino-ness. I see that she's been raised that way, but I wouldn't go around saying that your fam wasn't proud of their roots. That's the modern day equivalent of "passing," only back in the day that was a part of survival. Now, people are proud of who they are and you are pretending that your fam aint Latino? Man please. Anyway, the movie was good, although there are certain things I wished and wondered, but I won't give it away.

Reka and I took pix with the simpsons! Yay! It was so cute! You can see them and others at myspace. Lauren thought we were nuts, but you know she wanted to do it to. I have a video of her acting just as silly that she refuses to let me post. Damn her! Its comedy gold I tell ya! It ends with us screaming in the streets of Atlantic Station at 230am, telling people to wake up. I don't know how people live there. You must be able to sleep through everthing, cuz we couldn't be the first fools to whoop and holler in the streets.

Had so much fun you guys. I miss my best friend. I can't wait til she moves back here. I can, but I don't want to.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

La said...

Couple things...

#1 I BESEECH you to proofread.

#2 it was Fantasic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Most certainly NOT Final Fantasy 2

#3 awwwwwwwwww :-)

La said...

Couple things...

#1 I BESEECH you to proofread.

#2 it was Fantasic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Most certainly NOT Final Fantasy 2

#3 awwwwwwwwww :-)

Jameil said...

LMAO @ la beseeching. "maybe you imagined them..."??????????????? what a bastard.

GreatWhyte said...

Yeah, I was a bit discombobulated over "Final Fantasy 2" as well, but knowing my non-movie-going ass... anyhoo on to more important things. "The youngest person ever to have a baby- FIVE??????" I can't. I just can't.

So why, on my day off, am I standing on the corner of Lexington and 65th Street waiting for my 8 a.m. Hair appointment? Oh yeah, it's 9:36 now. WOW. I then get a call from my stylist (with whom I had already left a voicemail) who says that there must be a mixup because I'm not n the book for today. Again, I say WHAT? So I'm assed out with WRECKED hair. **sigh**