Monday, June 04, 2007

Ups and downs

Geez.

I am supposed to go to CT in a few weeks for my cousins' grads. I haven't done my reservations yet, cuz I have NO EXTRA MONEY! Grr. I was pretty sullen yesterday when I realized that its not looking good for my travel plans. My Florida trip is a no go, cuz my friend postponed his wedding "for at least a year." boo! Keep effin with me and I'm gonna walk to Alabama just so I can leave the state.

Also, on a good note, I found out I'm Angolan. For those keeping count, I'm also Cape Verdean. Stace said I look Angolan. I googled, and I'd have to say I agree. It was funny looking at pix and thinking that this person looks like my uncle or this and that cousin. I also wiki'd and found out a lot of info. I'm Learning! Its funny, I really don't care about geography until it involves me. I feel pretty lucky to know where my people come from, where as most Americans of any race don't know.

My uncle wants me to make a blanket for my grand daddy. He said my grandma would really like the stuff I did. I think I might name my site after her. (You know, my website that was supposed to be done in January...) I saw my grand daddy last year and he was sitting in his car, just sitting there. I think it would be really cool to give him something that reminds him of Ms Lula Mae.

Speaking of single grandparents, I asked my mom if my grandma dated after my granddad died. She said yeah but nothing serious. My granddad was the love of her life, and I really think, had he not died, they would have had more kids. I wonder how often my mema thinks of him. Whenever I think of kesi I always imagine a long life for us, and I know my grandma is pretty strong to raise 4 kids (the others were adults by then) without their dads, who as I understand it was a good man.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Jameil said...

at least a year? damn. wait. so you're angolan b/c stace said you are? when my granddaddy died, my grandma still had 3 in the house. and he's been dead 35 years. wow... i would not be happy.

La said...

Postponed a yr? Doesn't sound like a postponment. Sounds like a wrap.




Sorry. Less bitter comments soon.

the joy said...

Jameil- I'm Angolan cuz my aunt gracie did research on it. When I mentioned it to stace she said I looked it.

La- no, kinda sounds like a wrap to me too... Shit, when I heard HE was getting married I kinda wondered about it anyway.