Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lauren's questions

Lauren sent me some questions after our arduous yet hilarious convo last night (which will be posted tomorrow...). And here we go!

1. Since I will not allow you to name your children Valencia and Raekwan, what's your second choice and why?

The fact that you hate my name choices makes me love them more. And I'd like to say that I have no control over the boys' names.

That said, you know I love unique names. For the two girls (I'm having 4 kids. Shh Jameil! Watch "runway moms", its such a great show) I am always thinking, and I really have only had 1 new entry in the name race. "Okao." pronounced much like Ohio. (and now I tell Lauren to hush and not call her god-daughter Ohio.) It is Japanese and means "your honorable face," as in the face of royalty. Cute huh? Imagine it with the last name of Mr kesi, and the fact that he and I are so mixed, people wouldn't have a clue as to the race of my child, lol. She'd be all exotic...

2. Would you ever get a perm again?

Nope. At least at this current stage of my life I say no. I've decided that the only thing I wanna do to my hair that's permanent is color it. That's cuz I hate the color. Its just dark brown. Blah. Anyways, people ask me about that and getting dreds, and they're just too irreversable
For me. I'd rather press it or twist it up, then have the option of the fro when I wanna. In the future who knows. I'm fickle, remember?

3. Why are you such a loser and afraid to get a tattoo?

I'm getting a tattoo. "Lauren kicked me many times and made me get a tattoo." in Latin. Across my back.

No seriously, it goes back to the perm thing. Too permanent. You know I love body art, and have no problems with my body as a canvas, but I really have a concern that I'll grow tired of it. So the plan that I have will work for me.

4. Let's say your kid turns out to be as strange and awkward as you were as a preteen/teen. How do you deal?

I'll be a little better at it than my mom and not try to play mind games with the poor child. I honestly think lil Okao will have no choice but to be strange. But she'll have a niche and as long as she's expressing herself and is comfortable in her skin its all good. The question is how will YOU deal?

5. You get to build the ultimate gadget. What would it be able to do?

Hmm... It'd have to do something I need. But its ultimate... It'd make gas. Seriously. Car gasoline. And then I'd be rich, and we could go on awesome road trips. It'd be some sort of alternative fuel, that turned trash into car fuel. I have just solved 3 problems. Pollution, energy crisis, and my brokeness.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Jameil said...

JOY!!! stop it w/those f-ing names. no. really. those are so ugly. i decided i'll start w/one kid, then decide how i feel. i used to want 4, including twins, then i saw so many pregnancies and was like well... let me THINK about this. so we'll start w/one. i actually do want to see that show. tatts and dreds are too perm for me too.

La said...

THANK YOU JAM!!!


Seriously, all the girls adolescent problems will stem from being named Ohio. Her aunt will tell her to go by a nickname. Like... My Mama is The Worst. Or maybe just MMW for short. Cuz even THAT is better than OHIO.

YOU'RE GETTING A TATTOO!!! STOP BEING A PUNK BITCH! LOL

the joy said...

Ugly Jameil? Ouch. I don't know how serious I am about my names- fickle, remember? I will have a list and then when I see the kids then I'll decide. The only one who is definitely named is lil kesi, but I think I want his middle name to be Kery.

No la, no tattoo. *pout*