Tuesday, June 12, 2007

1) when did you know you wanted to marry kesi?

Hmmm... Let's see. Before we dated I'd joke that we'd get married and have pretty-haired kiddies. And in my yearbook he wrote, "hopefully I will marry you one day." but I'd have to say that when I really started to think about it as an option is when he would tell me about his parents' relationship and breakup. Knowing that he was his mom's confidant and that he knows how it feels to see her hurt, I knew he'd never do that to me or any woman. I also knew that marriage was something he took very seriously, and its not a whim for him. Which is part of the reason we're not married yet: the timing has to be perfect. Cuz our union will be the jumping point for our "empire" as he calls it. Can't jump from shaky ground.

2) i know you want kids, but doesn't the idea of having a PERSON growing inside you and eventually beating the crap out of you until it forces its way out of your body freak you out?

Yeah, well, when you put it that way! Child bearing and birth is like, the calling of our family. I figure if just about every woman in my fam can do it so can I. Besides the morning sickness I think I'll be ok. I have a friend who is newly preggers, and funny enough she was one who didn't want to lose her virginity because she was afraid it would hurt. So we'll see how she fares during child birth, then I'll consider freaking out. Besides, pain is temporary! I'll have a perty lil person made from the best parts of me and kesi.

3) if you could have any hair style right now, what would you have?

I would love to do the rihanna jagged bob thing. I love how it curls. I've tried to do spiral curls and it was horrid. Ugh. I ended up looking like farrah fawcet with short hair. I would also like my natural hair to JUST GROW! I think it'd be so much more manageable if I can just get it to shoulder length. Grr! Then I could have it all flowy and it'd have enough weight to lay down.

4) you are known for your mildly outrageous/odd clothing. what's the furthest you've ever pushed that envelope?

Am I really? Yeah I could see that. Let's see: naturally all these occurred in high school. I made a cute lil shirt out of my ex's old little league uniform. I cut and hemmed it and put shoelaces through the sides. Lol but it looked cute! I stole a few costumes from the drama department... One was a loose lil hippie shirt, and one was a gingham dress a la "wizard of Oz." I used to wear the smallest shirts (I mean, some were from the Limited Too) with big skateboard pants that had no choice but to show my drawers. And I had- have- the cutest undies. Then I got into short skirts. I don't know why but all my skirts were way beyond school regulations, and my shorts were gigantic. Lol I definitely had my own style. And even now where I'm more trendy, I still manage to stand out.

These days, I usually pair odd things together and if I'm going somewhere I try to plan it a few days in advance, as with the argyle socks. And as I stated before, I like words on my shirts cuz if someone's gonna stare they may as well have something to read.

5) say you couldn't talk to kesi, lauren or your mom for a week, who's left that you'd feel a bit nutty if you didn't talk to them for a week?

If I couldn't talk to those three I'd be seriously lost. I don't think there'd be a thought in my brain that made any sense. But...

Let's see. I would need someone to laugh with. So I'd need to go to work and see Walter Lee, Breezy, or my girl Mo. If one of them isn't working I am soo bored. Let that happen for a week I and I'm liable to punch out my bitchy supervisor.

Then there's my cousin leese. We went a while without chatting (no real reason) but lately we've been talking a lot. Its nice to have someone who grew up in the same atmosphere as me, who I can talk to. We've been on the same page a lot lately and she's attempting to move down here so I'm very excited!

I'm not so good at thinking up questions but I'll try if you want. and if there are any other questions leave them in the comments. Thanks Jameil!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

you're welcome. the shaky ground thing is good. gingham dress? appalled. before the pregnant people at work, i'd never really seen them day in and day out. its so crazy to me. i love rihanna's hair too! i'm considering a perm just so i can have it.

La said...

I dunno when I realized I wanted you to marry Al either...


I wanna do it!!




1. Since I will not allow you to name your children Valencia and Raekwan, what's your second choice and why?

2. Would you ever get a perm again?

3. Why are you such a loser and afraid to get a tattoo?

4. Let's say your kid turns out to be as strange and awkward as you were as a preteen/teen. How do you deal?


5. You get to build the ultimate gadget. What would it be able to do?

the joy said...

Jam- why appalled?! It was very old fashioned. Cute! Yeah someone at my job is always pregnant. To the point where if you say, guess what? Someone will say, you're pregnant!

La- I hate you...

Jameil said...

lmao!!!!! i love la!! what a jerk! fan.freakin.tastic!