Sunday, May 06, 2007

Goin places!

we'll I had written a hate list to go with my love list, but I wrote it so long ago that my phone deleted it and I really don't feel like trying to write it again. A few of the things I "hated" were very in the moment, such as the prescription motrin that at first, made me nauseous, then swelled my kidneys no matter how much water I drank. But of course I'm so much better now- you guys shoulda seen me (maybe you couldve helped)! I was waking up with this pain in my back that was making impossible for me to lay flat or stand straight up. I was fetal all the time. Ugh.

So that's not the point of this post. The point is that another "hate" I had was my inability to take a vacation while all my friends were having fun, cuz I was broke. That is turning out not to be true, necessarily; I'm still pretty broke, but my ma seems to have found a new job, and the bro has his, so it looks like my money won't have to stretch so much and I can put it towards leisure and savings.

This month my lil bro graduates. I'm taking 4 days off. To me, this doesn't REALLY count as a vacay, because I will be working my arse off. Family's coming to town and I have to check them in; then at some point in the weekend we're having a cookout; I'd love to take my lil 2 year old cousin to the aquarium- he's as big an animal lover as i- and possibly the new world of coca cola; and take his mom out for some fun. I'm looking forward to it.

June is CT graduation time. Two of my cousins, the ones I carry as lil siblings in my mind, are waving bye to HS. Because of snow days the grads are on a Monday and Wednesday. Lol. So I'm headed home to see them and my family and relax with the "adults," relatives with kids. So far, with the addition of the graduates, that makes 4 with no kids. Lol do you see why I don't fear it? Every year there's an addition to my family.

As soon as I get back I'm headed to the lake to spend a dual birthday with my friend Kyle and his homie. Fun! I gotta tighten up the abs for bathingsuit situations.

In July, I'm going somewhere I've never been before. Tallahassee! My friend Pierre is getting married and kesi is in the wedding. Yay! I love seeing him in a suit. So we're all road tripping down to tally and spending the weekend. Above that, I'm hoping that either its a small world and stace knows Pierre, who graduated from FAMU too, or the bride, or we can otherwise meet. That'd be so cool.

So I have to make sure I work extra hard so that I can have some spending money and earn paid time off. My coworkers are gonna love me by August.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

hurray for adding to savings. i wanna go to the aquarium!! and i LOVE the coke factory. so fun. i def. gotta make sure i stay in the gym on the regular so i'm extra sexy when i head to l.a.

stace isn't in tally anymore since she graduated.

Charreah said...

Yay for graduations . . .and days off . . .and road trips . . .and funky knitted blankets . . .and argyle socks:)

shani-o said...

:-) Happy happy joy joy!

the joy said...

Jameil, this is the NEW world of coke. Brand spankin. Complete with Andy warhol paintings.

Where is she now? She still might know the girl... We shall see. I'm holding out hope and shaking it around.

Queen, congrats! I can't comment on your blog over my berry. And I like your jacket too.

Shani, you are forgiven for not blogging in a year.

Jameil said...

oooooooh! shiny and new! can't wait! did you know andy warhol is from pittsburgh? there's a whole museum dedicated to him here and a street and bridge named after him. she's in west palm beach (6 hrs south).