Saturday, May 12, 2007

Datey

Kesi and I had a date Monday. I tried to wait til I went back to his house and used the computer so I can post pics, but I don't know when I'll get back there cuz we're having car trouble. (in effect, I could walk there, but he said something about dogs, and I don't fucks with dogs.

So anyways, I knew we were going to see spiderman, but where and when was the question. There's this one place we usually go to called Tinseltown, but we'd have to drive there and the car was a nogo. Then there's the backlot 6, which is in Buckhead, and features bar tables, appetizers, and wine. That was a good option. But when I found out my honey had never been to Atlantic Station, well, it was a lock.

I got directions to the AS cuz usually someone drives and we were taking the train. I love working at a hotel. We have that kind of stuff printed out, complete with a store/restaurant list. There's a free shuttle from the train station to Atlantic Station, which by the way is a "multi-use center," which means its an outside mall kinda thing and people live above the stores.

So we got there pretty late by my standards. If there's not a car involved I wanna get er goin. We left at 5. Got there 6ish. We ordered our tix and the girl was all, if you sign up for our discount card you can get candy for $1! Oh hell yeah. $1 is my kinda price.

After that we went to California Pizza Kitchen. Never been there before. Not sure why, but I just never went. We sat out on the patio; it was such a nice day! I wore the short sleeved sweatshirt and the new shirt I bought at the mall on my long weekend. Our waiter had a scar that I couldn't stop looking at. It was like, he got sliced in the chin. Is that bad? It just stood out. And also, it didn't help that when I can't hear a person clearly, I look at their mouths. He mumbled. So much so that I have no idea what his name was.

We got a bbq pizza and I had shrimp rolls. I don't remember what was in it but it was Asian inspired. Yummy. It came with a sesame sauce that I found suprisingly good. Kesi gets sesame chicken at our Chinese spot, and it smells so bad, but he loves it. I guess I see why now.

Kesi and I had the strangest conversations. We were trying to figure out if an old man had a prosthetic leg. He walked on his heels only.we watched people and tried to discern where they were coming from, where they were going, sexual orientation, etc. We discussed whether he'd still think I was pretty if I couldn't see out of my left eye (I did almost lose it at age 9). He said, "are you trying to tell me you're blind?" we have a strange humor. I'll never forget the day I asked him if I became handycapped would he take care of me. "take care of you like the Italians." and last week when he said he might need back surgery, I hugged him and told him I can't be pushing him around in a wheelchair. Cruel! But we know that if something happened we'd be there for the other.

We saw a few friends. Our high school friend Amal worked for the in-area delivery service and was wheeling his lil golf cart around. I didn't recognize him cuz his hair used to be like, short sanjaya, and now its a Caesar. That hurt. Everyone is cutting their hair! Damn! He and kesi could easily be cousins. Except I think amal is actually middle eastern, whereas kesi just looks it. We also saw Melanie, who I've known since middle school and kesi used to date. She was headed "for drinks." its funny to know she was headed to a bar, cuz she graduated at 16 and we always made fun of the fact that she's two years younger than the rest of us.

When at CPK, kesi did NOT talk to the waiter. I blame me. The only thing he said was his drink order. After we (I) ordered my shrimps, he goes, you're doing all the talking! I asked him if he was feeling emasculated, and he said no and I should order his pizza too, just to see how the waiter will react to my being in charge. He was cool with it. I paid too, but kesi kept asking to see the total. I didn't show him.

Spiderman was good. Its funny that I keep hearing bad reviews about it, but I really liked it. I won't give it away, but it was funny, and I felt it came full circle. And of course there was action. Its no secret that Peter gets the ass whoppin of a lifetime.

When we were leaving, I was all raring for my $1 candy. I go to the counter and ask for raisinettes. "raisinettes aren't the $1 candy." he then proceeds to name some random candy that I don't want. So ok, raisinettes are $2 according to the sign on the wall. "$3.25." eh? Apparently they're $2 with a combo. I hate them. And I hate this wack ass discount card. I still bought the raisinettes. We went outside to wait for the shuttle.

Whenever kesi doesn't know what's happening, he asks a bunch of questions. Its cute sometimes. And sometimes I don't know the answers. When I don't know the answers I just wanna wait and see. we're on the shuttle and he asked where we were going. I have no idea in the immediate sense. I can't remember the other questions but I def didn't know the answers. I think I can partly blame myself cuz we have different views, and so when he asks me stuff he doesn't know chances are I do. Eh.

Our date ended with him falling asleep on the train. I have the best pic of him nodding off. So curt (cute). I like our dates even though Jameil and Kyle probably go on more than us. We mostly just hang at home and watch telly. Its nice to get to show off my man.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Jameil said...

we see each other once a month and we go on more dates??? that's ok. i like to sit at the crib and just snuggle up under him. i just want to see him dammit.

love love LOVE pizza kitchen. raisinettes? not so much. blech. very rude to stare at the waiter's scar. you're awful.

kyle drives me batty w/questions. sometimes its cute. but when i'm in a bad mood (or if i don't know the answer and i feel like i should OR there's no reason i would) its grounds for me snapping. (sometimes i'm not a nice person).

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i would love to have someone that just wantred to cuddle with me. CPK is lame. I suggest Eclipse de Luna, and palos's in N. Highland for Italian Ice

the joy said...

Yeah Jameil we pretty much go to walmart. With work we never have the same days off and we're night people.
Raisinettes are the jump off! The MIL ate them! After all that she ate my candy. We did get into it once when he kept asking if I "was sure."

Ts-thanks for the tips. I love Italian ice. Used to go to Rosa's but we're never down that way any more.

Madam DLBG said...

awww...date nights are so awesome. Thats how you keep the love alive and fresh, lol

La said...

Awww....


You guys are so gross.


I recommend Eclipse de Luna too.

Jameil said...

LMAO @ "was sure." he soooooo does that. DON'T ASK IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME FOOLS!!