Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stomatitis.

What is this strange title? you may be wondering. I must start from the beginning.

Tuesday, after my great date with my luva man, I had a lil heart burn. Just, I don't know, it was hard for me to swallow. It felt like food was still caught in my throat. I asked my supervisor about heartburn, and she said that's what it sounded like. I grabbed some tums. That helped.

But not for long. I still had "heartburn" on Thursday. And after lunch I noticed my tongue felt a lil...spotty.

And by Friday my throat was on fire. I woke up in the middle of the night, not able to swallow. Out of hand. I got enough sleep issues. So I called my doctor's office, and got the answering service, who is actually a person. She is not neccessary. She just kept telling me my doc won't be in til tues. Ok, so what about today? Is there an emergency doc? "no." that's all I get? Wait? Yep. So I called in sick so as to throw myself a pity party.

I went to work Saturday and Sunday because 1: it was slow and no one else would be coming in until late, 2: I need money, and 3: sitting at home does nada for my sanity. It wasn't so bad. Kesi bought me some chloriseptic and I was spraying out the wazoo.

My logic through all this was that I had strep. I haven't had strep since I was a pup. But this is what I needed so I could finally get my tonsils out. I'm excited. I'm thinking of how I'll handle not being able to talk or eat solid foods for a bit. I'm getting used to the idea! I'm asking people if they'll come visit me while I'm sadly unable to speak.

Today, Monday, I finally get to go to the doctor. I love my doctor. She is a professionally ghetto white woman, and not in the way that annoys you. She looks down my throat and says I... Don't have tonsilitis. What?

I have stomatitis. Some extended form of canker sore, which I assume comes in one or two lil spots, but what I have is all up in my grill literally. Its also known as thrush, which is what babies get. I have a baby disease! I have to take a maalox/painkiller mouthwash. Barf.

So I'm dealing with this. And my tonsils aren't coming out yet. This is so uncool. Does anyone know what the prefix "stomat" means? Or is it a root word? Eh. I know this is pretty icky to hear, but imagine how it is to experience. I can't get kisses. I can't even pucker.

Has anyone seen cabin fever? That's how I feel. Good news to come soon, I hope.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Jameil said...

can't even pucker? that's f-in nasty. HOWEVER. baby disease is the funniest thing in america. that sooooooo shoudla been your title. HUHLARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

"Stomat" from the greek meaning "mouth". You have a massive mouth sore.

There's a new drug your Dr may not know about. It's called Aphthasol.

Check it at: Canker Sore Video

shani-o said...

Awww...

and EWWWW!

Sorry, Joy.

La said...

Lmao! Awww my bestest has cooties.


Its only mildly funny since I'm sure I'm dying myself, lol

the joy said...

Jameil- it so shoulda! I think people would have had more pity on me.

Anon- yeah I went all webmd last night. Gotta get me somea that.

Shani- are what I'm saying about pity? I should emphasize that I take really good care of my mouth.

La- you are not dying. I am a doctor! Take some nyquil.

Adei von K said...

ew.

lo siento joy :-(