Saturday, April 21, 2007

Disease

So I'm sick again. I'm on antibiotics, and painkillers too, cuz I had an ear ache and muscle pains and a fever. I can take that all in stride, cuz I'm semi-used to it. Then Wednesday, I get this message...

"I went to the doctor today. They gave me an inhaler and said the curve in my back is puttin pressure on my right side... My lungs can't completely fill up.My blood pressure is 130/57... They doing blood work on me too... And they x rayed me... "

Are you effing kidding me? Let me just say this man NEVER gets sick, and he certainly never calls in sick to work. But this past week he's been acting kind of weird. Like, he woke up saying he couldn't feel his pulse, and when I felt for it his heart was beating pretty fast.

So Tuesday he's saying his chest hurts. He can't lay down comfortably. I ask him to go to the doc's cuz he doesn't go often and you know, gotta maintain. I figure it was heartburn or other nonsense.

So here we are. He has scoliosis. I do too, so I know what he's dealing with. His spine is pressing on his lung and he can't really recline. His blood pressure was what was getting me though. The whole thing was scary. For me at least.

They gave him an inhaler and pain meds. And I was his shadow for the past few days. He couldn't lay flat, so he slept on the couch. I slept on the other couch( if you can call that sleeping. Between worrying about his comfort and trying to rest on the teeniest love seat ever, eventually I just went back to his room). I watched him sleep the day away and then mow the lawn like he wasn't on semi-bedrest. We ate a whole pizza, or really he did, and I sang backup.

We went to the follow up today. He's supposed to stay out until the first, but I knew that wasn't happening. His pressure went up. Yay!

Damn it, this whole thing is crazy. I'm the sickly one! I can't handle this! I feel like I have a kid with all this worrying. But I'm glad I can be there for him. I hope he appreciates it and I'm not annoying him. I been really concerned with losing him- physically- as of late and I'm trying to make every day count.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Jameil said...

that sucks. i hate being sick and i feel so pitiful when kyle is. unless is sports related. then i just go "oh... again?" terrible, i know.