Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oh praise Jesus!

My brother has a job! I don't know if I mentioned this before but my brother recently turned 18, the only thing keeping him from getting a job these days. (mind you, I had my first job at 15 and the one I have now is the only one I've had where I was an adult when I applied. But that's what they tell him.) I told him Wednesday to go up to ruby Tuesday, where kesi and the BIL work, and drop some names and apply. He did, then got a second interview, then a store tour, then he had to call this morning. Geez...

So he texts me this morning and tells me he needs a uniform. Thank Jesus! I never have to buy him another thing ever! I'm a good sister, I make sure he has a bus pass and lunch money, but now that he's older I feel like he should be taking care of those hunga himself, especially since, like I said, I been taking care of those things since I was 15. But I can count on his being responsible.

My ma's already doing to him what she did to me. She's giving him household bills to pay. The funny thing is he hasn't even had his first day yet! But he has to pay his phone bill, the home phone, and the sanitation. Those are mostly his terrain anyways. He takes out the trash and chats all the time.

This is second only to him graduating, which is in two months. Which means he can pay for all that stuff too! Lol my pockets feel so much lighter!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

Yeah for the baby bro!! I know the feeling of a big sis who helps as much as possible. looks like you taught him well though.

Go head mama...teach him how to be a man!!!

the joy said...

Yeah I really do. I'm so proud of him! I saw him in his uniform... Awesome.

Oh yeah, my ma isn't giving anyone a free ride. Not at all.

Jameil said...

hurray for jobs. i love ruby tuesday. i wish there was one closer to my cribbo.