Wednesday, March 14, 2007

elephant steps

remember how a few months ago i said i felt stagnant and needed to get back in school? well guess where i'm writing from!!!

ok, i'm only registering right now, but i feel so good to be able to do that. i really thought i missed the deadline and would have to pay out the arse to reg late. but i am WAY ahead of the deadline and have some time to get ish straight. i'm so happy. despite the fact that i was barely sleeping and halfway crazy in 2005, i was achieving a goal. and it sucks that money- lacking it- got in the way of my being a graduate already.

my aunt is in town. the one whosw daughter i grew up with. her home was my second, essentially. she'll be here for a week while looking for a house- she and her (grown) kids are moving back. could i be more thrilled? we were in the car today and she told me that she's really proud of me for stepping up and being responsible for my fam while we're going through a rough time financially (one of the things i dont talk or write about; i spent my tax return on our overdue mortgage). she told me that when she gets some money she'd be sure to treat me. i almost cried right there. i dont see any other choice; what troubles we have arent a result of anything anyone could have helped. it just is. being appreciated makes it easier though.

my ma cut her hair off. OFF! its not so bad though. she can rock it. my grandma's mad at her though, lol. dont hate Mema. my aunt got her a wig for her b-day. it looks just like her weave, even though she said she was going somewhere different with it. i mean she did cut it off, so, baby steps.

i caught up with an old friend. she and i were so close in middle school and she got sick in HS and somehow we drifted. i mean, she did start to change back then, and so did we ( lauren and i) so that coulda contributed to it. but i found her in myspace and its so wierd. i could recount a whole 7 years of my life that she knows nothing about. i know that people grow apart but its hard when you cant explain why. and its odd that i can still be friends with one person and other people just come and go.

4 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

Take those steps pimpin' and CONGRATS!!! no more tip toein and baby steps for the joy...oh yeah!!!

Appreciation is wonderful isn't it?

I just had a similar friend revalation also...weird...

Jameil said...

i know what you mean. AND there are people from college i'm closer to now than i was when i was there. that's really strange.

congrats on school! :)

shani-o said...

Yay!

the joy said...

Thanks guys!