Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Def poetry.

I haven't written a poem in so long. I'm watching DPJ and I feel so inspired but nothing in my life is putting me in there where I feel so deeply about anything. ANYTHING.

I used to write a poem every day. Back in 6th grade, 7th, 8th... Damn, I was so extra back then. Everything had an epic shadow. Like- oh the time my fruitless middle school crush took pix with me at six flags and tried to feel me up in the booth. I wrote a poem about how he was only sweet to me in my dreams.

In high school I'd mostly write about love. And hate. And sex... And being me. Whoever I was that day. My friends- the Chinese prisoners I called them in one poem. A poem about how we were all doomed together. (How oddly prophetic; only two of us graduated from that group.)

I loved it. I still love it. I just don't feel it. Nothing shakes me like it used to. And there's so much going on in my life. I used to have a crisis, write about it, and feel better from the release. Now, I don't know what it is. Some things I don't even write about in my blog. Sigh. People tell me things and I just kind of shoo them away. I don't want to think about the things; I haven't really learned to deal per se.

I really should start writing again.



Nothing shakes me
I have no desire
In the fight to flow like water
I think I put out the fire


Its a good start I suppose. And I usually don't rhyme...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Jameil said...

i'm horrible at poetry. i have to be drunk, pissed, or inspired by a man or really really good writing. combo? FIYAH! lol.