Friday, March 16, 2007

Bad day.

I had to wake up at 9 ish yesterday to go to the doc (again) to get my results from my sleep study. I didn't sleep well cuz I'm seriously congested and couldn't find the claritin d. Also, we went to a "party" the night before and got in at an ingodly hour.

Anyway, I went and waited for a literal hour before my doc and 4 interns came in. "you don't have apnea. Good news." "if you say so." he coulda said "you have cancer" the way I felt. And btw I think he's wrong. I slept horribly that night for various reasons and it wasn't a good indication of how I usually sleep. I'm grown! You can't make me go to sleep! He said I do have insomnia, and I need potassium. Boo! I was pissed and had to sit there while he scribbled notes on my results. I wondered why he couldn't do that earlier, so I could just leave already. I asked him why I woke up unable to move or breathe. He said something about muscle weakness and potassium again. I needed to be tested for acid reflux and come back in a month.

I was hoping to be done with that doctor. Not that there's anything wrong with him, except that he's totally out of the way and despite the fact I've been there 3 times I have no idea how to get to his office because I'm sleepy every time I go. And his purpose was to diagnose me with apnea and send me on the way. Damnit he didn't do that. I guess that's my fault on some level, but knowing that my ma in law will begin again that there are spirits trying to steal my body* makes me wanna find a second opinion.

I finally got to leave and went to the car. Kesi was asleep. "what happened?" "supposedly I don't have apnea. I'm tired and wanna go home." he didn't know yet that I was crying. He didn't find out until we stopped at the light and he saw me wiping my eyes. After he asked me why, I got like a 7 year old, all short of breath and squeaky, and I don't know how he knew what I was saying. I told him I didn't want to go to my other doctor's appt and he said, don't.

We went to kroger to get my prescription and before he got out of the car he gave me a really good hug. Almost had me crying again. Such a sweet guy. Then he took me to Wendy's and home.

I slept half the day away, and may I point out that I did stop breathing? Which pissed me off more but I was sleepy, so I didn't dwell on it too much.

I think next time I go to the throat doc I'll just tell her this is over. I'm tired of paying and using my days off and all the stress. Its worse than the actual affliction. And I'm going in circles.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

:( i hope you feel better. hurray for good bfs. i tell you them good long strong tight hugs... ain't nothin like em.

the joy said...

I know. We all got our good bf stories these days. That hug hit the spot.

*btw I meant to mention that the first time I went to the sleep doc my MIL told me someone told her that it was spirits trying to steal your body. She was so serious. I wasn't feeling that but I don't like to squash someone's beliefs.

Madam DLBG said...

awww...it'll all get better. You'll be feeling good and like urself in no time. In the words of my Gma "you need to get urself some vitamin c pills and cod liver oil Ms. Lady."

the joy said...

Ew no thanks. I think I'd rather take Lauren up on her offer to take them Out. What is castor oil? Why do we only find castor in oil form?