Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Playing hookie

Ok, I wasn't really playing hookie, I was legitimately sick. But I didn't stay home sad in the bed.

Friday night I felt awful. It was my first day of the stupid antibiotics the throat doctor gave me. Naturally Saturday morning my throat swelled right back up. (You won't take my tonsils out, they rebel!) so I called in sick for work. I laid around for a while and then kesi called me. I thought we were going to his house; no! We went to the movies!

His brother keem, our friend Jason and we went to Tinseltown, which apparently is the super teen hangout the magic Johnson was for me when I was 12. First we saw Reno 911, which was a good conversion. You could tell there were things they've always wanted to do on TV but couldn't, and put it in the movie. Funny stuff. The Rock was in it. He's a cute muscly guy. Yes. Of course the film was one ridiculous scene after another, and if you like the show you'll love the movie.

We also saw the number 23. Let me say now, the ending was completely surprising to me. It was a great movie. So good I wanna tell people at work what I did while they dealt with those snotty AKAs.(disclaimer: not all AKAs are snotty. But most of the older ones I dealt with had this "you're young and you're just the help" attitude. One told me she had to train me like a dog. She was real close to a whoppin.) But alas, they'd be perty pissed. It was a really good movie. Keem fell asleep and was really snoring during the movie. He missed like a good half of it. Came in at the end talking about "what happened?" Boo bro. Also, Jim Carey was kinda muscly. And that random assed tattoo was highly accentual.

So after the movie we went and got in the car and we were about to play my robin thicke CD, which I am hella late in buying, and who is on the radio? Michael effin Jackson! And the song was pretty alright. The beat was hot. And J bo from young bloodz was on it. How random, especially since before the lyrics kicked in I was like, this better not be wack. yet I still feel for him like I feel for R. They loves the kids, and not like trick daddy.

The end.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Adei von K said...

OMG, i LOVE reno 911! and thought the movie was HUH-larious!!! i'm so glad they did it like the show and didn't turn it into a real ass movie but an extended version of the show!!

23. i wanted to see that but i didn't hear good reports!

i was sick last wednesday. did i stay home? nope ;-)

Jameil said...

train you like a dog???????? WHAT A BITCH.

the joy said...

Oh wasn't it silly as hell stace! My friend started the slow clap at the end. I was cracking up!

Oh she was such a bitch. I feel she woulda been a bitch either way, but she really made the AKAs look bad.