Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Everything the light touches

What a great weekend the Joy had.

Friday I met up with Lauren and her Will so I could check them into their hotel. All the while we were acting silly and Lauren was trying to get me to call in sick to work. I so would have if we were properly staffed. We rode to my job- through traffic for days and my not really knowing how to get there by car- and I spent the longest day at work. Busy but still boring. After work I called and called Lauren to come pick me up. She was definitely asleep. Wow. Lol luckily I still had a ride so it was all good.

Saturday we decided to go to "breakfast," you know, at noon. We went to the waffle house and Will caught a southern accent. He kept saying shawty and sprat (sprite). Somehow we managed to come up with a whole treatment for a waffle house music video, complete with video girls drenched in syrup and hash browns thrown at the screen. Classic. Also, a dance derived from Lauren's silent sneeze. They should give us a TV show.

We ran around so much that day. Mall, two grocery stores and walmart. But I got everything I needed for my party. My mom. Had agreed to stay at a hotel that night, but not before getting my dad to "chaperone," just in case someone were to start dancing too close or they were to spike the punch. Lol did I mention I turned 23 yesterday?

So we dropped her off and waited while Lauren went to grab her a burger. This took an HOUR. Old national was hungry that night. And also crazy. Some man was talking about an ambush by a big dog who bit quarter sized chunks out of some dude. Hopefully Lauren will tell this story cuz I wasn't there and would surely eff it up.

So I was late to my own party! Only a half hour, though. I had to rush and get dressed and then drive back to the house. I wore a red and burgundy striped jersey dress with my jeans shorts and black footless tights. Also a ribbon that says "birthday girl," lol. I had so much fun! Some of my friends had to leave early, but somewhere around 130 it was perfect. Everyone was on the same page. The guys were playing spades and talking so much junk- ok most of the junk talked was my dad, but it was funny- and having a good time. Lauren smooshed cake in my face, which was nice, and brought up the memory of when Will walked up to some dude and told him it'd be funny if he knocked his friend's pizza out of his hands. My dad kept calling kesi his son-in-law. I got all smiley at that. Dads are the awesomest.

The party wrapped at 4. I didn't wanna get the cops called on me. And I was getting sleepy. My dad stayed a little while and we talked. I asked him the same question I asked my mom last year: now that I am half your age, do you think I am doing better than you when you were my age? My mom said yes, my dad said no. Lol I wasn't expecting that. But then he was tellong me things about how he was making good money and trying to get my mom's confidence up to open up her own salon. Then he started talking about our families and the supportiveness of his side compared to my mom's. He talked about my brothers and I, and things we used to do when we were little and how proud he is of us. He hugged me a million times. The funny thing is, he was saying all this to kesi, as if I'd heard it before, and I really hadn't. Not this version. He told me I'm the only person who can make him feel guilty about smoking, and he wants to quit for me. Wow.

Sunday we went to breakfast at Ihop. Will kept turning things I said into euphemisms. Pseudo was there too. I forgot to mention him somehow... Found out he doesn't like breakfast very much. How odd. I could eat breakfast all day. He and Lauren are lovely together. I wish I could just out them together and have that be that. Damn circumstances. We also went to little five points. Its an area with great shopping and the oddest people you will see in your life. Kid you not we saw a lady with cotton gloves, devil horns and a hula hoop. I wanted to get a henna tattoo but strangely I was broke. After that we went to Lauren's dad's house and he made us a yummy dinner and we watched the Grammy's. We basically talked about everyone onstage and muted the country singers. What fun. I started to get sick that day and slept on and off.

I hated to see the weekend go so fast. I had been really loking forward to it for months. I miss them already and have so many memories and photos. Maybe I'll put up a few when Will sends them to me. Now everybody keeps saying I'm really an adult. Which is exactly what I said 23 would be. I did get my tax return Monday and paid of all my bills. I also want an MP3 player...

* the title comes from one of our recurring phrases from the weekend. Its from the lion king, but I think we used it to discuss waffles, then my mom said it, and it kept coming up.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

i love breakfast. kyle can't start his day w/o eating it. match made in heaven. my dad calls him son in law all the time. sometimes it irritates me b/c he follows it by asking when i'm getting married. you already know how i feel about that. hurray for a fun weekend!!

La said...

Blah. I miss you.

Sigh.

the joy said...

Breakfast is thee best! Who doesn't like breakfast? I would live off breakfast and dessert if I could!

I miss you too la. Life is hard.

Madam DLBG said...

Aww friendship, how refreshing!!!!

breakfast...what's breakfast?

the joy said...

Madam you say that as if you have no friends.

We should all get together and have breakfast.