Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dinner and a movie

Its not yet the anniversary, but unfortunately I have to work tommorrow, so kesi and I celebrated yesterday.

We went to maggiano's. Yum. I'd never been there but he had. We took the train cuz its all the way in buckhead and traffic and parking, blah. I tried to curb my phone use on the train so we could talk and be silly, but after we snapped a few pictures pictures he nodded off. He hadn't eaten all day. I don't know how he manages. That morning I was up maybe 15 minutes before I reached for my leftover apple pie. Maybe I should have shared?

It wasn't a very long trip, and the spot was a half block from the station. It was packed! I knew we should have made reservations. Eh. An hour wait. For a while we stood up but hunger and prolonged standing are not the ish. Glad I wore sneakers. By the way, I wore the exact same thing I wore to Lauren's grad. White pants, white cardigan and a red/orange paisley silk-esque shirt with my white pumas. He wore a beige phat farm sweater medium blue denim pants and tan timbs. Whoo sexy. He can wear a sweater. I don't know what it is, but I love to see him in one.

Eventually we sat at the piano. The two singers/players were good. Classy love songs, that old Sinatra sound. The lady sounded like Karen Walker. I kind of expected her to say "honey what are we doing with this?" and make some snarky comment about will or grace. They also played the peanuts song. Lol, if I weren't so hungry I woulda done the snoopy dance.

I lost my patience just as they were about to call us. We sat in a back corner and as soon as we ordered I let him read the letter I wrote him. It was really deep. I spilled my heart. You need something epic after 5 years. He asked me if it was easy to make it this far and I told him no, because I had to throw out my ideals and realize that just because we love each other doesn't mean we don't disagree. And when we do its not the end of the world.

Dinner was delish. He had chicken and broccoli alfredo and I had shrimp and tomato linguine. Drool. The waiter forgot our garlic bread and then told me I didn't order any. That's bad waiter etiquite, especially when we discussed how much we wanted right in front of you. But I let it go. This lady in a party of 10 was so loud. Talking pure nonsense. Then when she found out the manager was black she got louder with him. Ugh. Shut it! None of it ruined my night though.

And yes, I cried. Sue me. I got into my "smooshy" mode and welled up a little. Kesi called me a mashed potato and told me to rough up. He hates to see me cry. For any reason. I could win the lotto and he'd not wanna see me cry. I told him we're in a milestone and I have to shed a tear or two.

After dinner we went to walmart. No date is complete without errands. Lmao we can't stay away. After that we watched Blow, which he never saw and I never saw the end of. I think he liked it. We said our good nights and he went home.

Great night. 5 years ago our day was hanging out after school and him asking me to be his girl before the light changed for us to cross the street. Its led to so much I never imagined.

Kesi if you are reading this, feel free to respond, you lurker. I love you.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

awwww. i love that he calls you a mashed potato. hilarious. kyle gets very surprised looking whenever i cry. partially b/c in college i was never a crier and also b/c its always when we have to separate. not every time anymore but for a few months it was every time. so sad.

what is it abt men in sweaters? mmmmm

Anonymous said...

lurker? me... never. I love you babe.

the joy said...

Jamiel- yeah he calls me that cuz I'm mushy. That was the first time he's called me that. It was funny. I called him a baked potato.

Hello pookie. You are so a lurker. You've been reading my blog for months. Comment more often. Especially when I talk about you. I loves you.

shani-o said...

I'm going to be sick, lol.

the joy said...

Sick with love?