Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cinco.

Hmm. My face number these days. These are my five facts, a la madam. But what don't you know about me?

#1. I saw someone get shot.

I was 7 years old. It was very late at night and I was TRYING to sleep. My neighbor had just gotten home from a club and someone followed her home and started an arguement over some dude they may have both been seeing (I found this all out later). The telling woke me up and I went to the window. My neighbor's babysitter was onthe porch too, with a baby in her arms, when the other woman pulled out a gun. She didn't shoot my neighbor- she shot the sitter. She was a teen. She didn't die, and I had no real reaction. It was like TV. I didn't tell my mom I saw anything, just that they were loud.

#2. I have two brothers.

Every time I say that people are surprised. In between me and my bro Shawn is my "other brother" who has a different mom. I'll call him J. He's 19 and lives in NC. I hadn't seen him for 10 years and when I was 16 I came home and saw this kid in my yard, who I knew was related to me but I had no idea how. It was funny and I was so nervous. We talk occasionally, but I'd like to be closer with him.

#3. I'm domestic.

I fell in love with home Ec. In. 4th grade. Industrial arts too. Anything that means making stuff with your hands. I can cook (sometimes from scratch) and sew and fix things. I used to help my dad and I helped construct a set for one high school play and costumes for another. I think my creativity is starting to show now with the crochet.

#4. I'm a hoarder.

I have old letters, dresses from 7th grade, books for future kids... I have magazines I haven't cracked in years. Its a real problem. I'm generally a clean person, but I like to collect info. Why?

#5. One of my biggest fears is that I'll lose my memory. Why? I don't know. But its part of the reason I wrote in a diary for so many years, and part of the reason it takes me so long to tell a story. I am all over details. If someone were to ask me about an event I'd have some kind of physical evidence of it, which would jog my memory. Some stuff I suppose I could throw away, especially if its not directly related to my life. I gotta go clean my room.

So there you have it. Five facts about me. And I have to tag 3 people. I can't remember who madam tagged besides me, so let's go with Lauren, Jamiel, and Shani. Yay! Have fun!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

8 comments:

La said...

I knew you were gonna tag me *slinks off into cyberspace*

Jameil said...

you know i hate tags. i'll do it on myspace. that's where i do all my surveys. but this is kind of bloggy. i'll get back to you. who shoots a babysitter? dumb bitch. i have an older bro and sis who have a diff mom from me and my younger sis. i'm not very close to them either. my mom's a hoarder, too. it takes over your life. start throwing stuff away now.

the joy said...

Btw that was supposed to say fave number.

Why are you two pouting? I am very disappointed.

A drink woman with bad aim shoots a sitter.

Madam DLBG said...

yay...pass it on! I would not have told that I saw n e thing either. snitches get stitches...

La said...

A drink woman joy? Are you drink? Lol

Jameil said...

hahahahaha. joy's drink! let's all get drink together!

the joy said...

I probably would have told if I had registered that there was actual danger. She knew what happened the next day and asked me why I didn't tell her.

Jam And la- I can't stand ya'll. I'm still trying to get used to the qwerty system. :p

shani-o said...

lol... ok, i'll do it...