Saturday, January 27, 2007

Gum tats

Oh you heard me: gum tats. Let me explain...

Today I asked Hartford about her tongue ring. She said she got it and a tattoo when she was 15 and rebelious. So my manager, who is from ghana, said that back home she woulda gotten a spanking, even at 15. This prompted five of us to trade war stories about crazy things we did when we were young. Such as:

*shaving her eyebrows at 15 and really screwing it up.
* wearing makeup to school at 12 and getting caught when my mom came to check me out of school
*getting a tiger tattoo at 14
*sneaking out
*shaving our arms

And the top of the top: my ethiopian friend said that she tattooed her gums. We thought she was joking. Who does that? Then she said in Ethiopia dark gums are sexy, and hers are pink, so when she was 17 she got hers tattooed. She said she couldn't eat or go to school and her gums bled for days. We were shocked. She even showed us her lower gums which were still pink. Clearly she won that contest.

So, barring any strange plastic surgeries, what crazy thing did you do as a youth? Is it permanent? Or is it just a good laugh?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

ewwwwwww. that is disgusting. wtf? gum tatts?!!?!?! hate tiger tatts. but i'm a tattoo snob anyway. i snuck out at least once a week for a month or two one summer. i was always very straight and narrow so that's the best young and dumb story i've got and i'm proud of it. i had a ball. college doesn't count.

shani-o said...

Yeah... I was a square in high school. The only crazy thing I did was tell my parents I was going to the burger place down the street with some friends, and instead, went to a town 30 miles away.

And all we did was sit in the Starbucks and play 13.

Madam DLBG said...

I was a good girl. I never did any wrong...

**runs out as the lightening strikes**

the joy said...

You guys make me seem that much more of a delinquent.