Friday, February 03, 2006

while you losers are watching the super bowl...

we'll have red lobster all to ourselves. i will indeed not be at work. no matter how they presume to schedule me for this sunday, they can sit on it.

on to the post's purpose. kesi's and my anniversary is sunday. And i want a lobster tail and some blush. so i'm going somewhere classy. ok, i'm going to the place for "seafood lover in me" but that seafood lover is fat and must be satiated.

last night was the anniversary preview. i made fried chicken, (which i havent done in almost a year. it was bangin though) and we watched My Name Is Earl and a documentary on multiple birth families. this may not seem like a fun date to you, but i had a great time. all i wanted to do was make sure my man relaxed, which he did, in many ways, and it culminated in this texting to lauren:

me: i'm trapped. he fell asleep. and his feet smelled. i made him clean them before we did it.
her: Lmao!! hands down the funniest text i've gitten in forever. Ew stinky feet. thats real love.
me: it smelled so bad. apparently he'd gone right to sleep after he got home last night and since he was supposed to take my mom somewhere early this morning he never changed his socks. so it is a result of hard work that he stinks and is asleep.
her: still gross no matter what the explaination. spray him with something. or... cut off his feet.
me: i will not Kunta my man. he'd be really pissed. and then i'd have to wheel him around.
her: but you wouldnt have to deal with his feet. and arent the vows all about in sickness and in health?
me: yeah, A, i'm not married. and B, the vows say nothing about violence and maiming.
her: youre as good as married. and i mean, be original. must you take the same vows as everyone else?:-p
me: love cant survive attempted murder. i'm not a hillbilly.
her: are you sure? if anyone could its you two.
me: i know. we're so strong. he moved! i'm free! he was sweating too. i cant win...
her: eww youve officially shared too much w/me. so really what youre telling me is that you smell like a sweaty sex foot. niiiice.
me: this is an indeed accurate description of the woman you read before you. and i had chicken, if you wanna add that in. but above all, i'm satisfied.
her: must you taint the chicken that way? yuck.

one of the funniest convos we've had in a while. after we finished texting, i watched him sleep and ultimately cried, which always happens around this time of year. he just looked so peaceful- like a baby. i told him later how lucky i was to be the only one who gets to love him like i do. i really am. despite his stinky feet.

2 comments:

La said...

LOL We are pretty damn funny. Aww.. its been 17 years since Al came into our lives. How wonderful!!

the joy said...

heres to 17 and many more.