Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Why i dont go out: part two, And other recaps from the longest week ever.

so i havent been on the computer, let alone blogging, for about a week. instead i have been working my ass off trying to make some money before i head to back to school for the new year. here are some discoveries, quick notes, and interesting tidbits i have discovered in my immense tiredness.

1. i think i have developed carpal tunnel from opening wine bottles. that, and the crocheting i was doing to relax myself before i went to bed every night at about 2am...damn Gift Mart women drink like sailors. my hand cramped unconsolably on sunday night and my mom had to massage it. at which point i discovered:

2.if there is hope for her, there is hope for anyone. yes, even you. my ma is sickly in love. a fact i never noticed because, A: the guy was always around, and B: i spend most of my time down in my room, anti-home-socially, as it should be. but she is. he went back home to help his mom with some things, and has been gone for about a month, but you'd think it has been a year the way she wont shut up about how much she misses him. and he calls every day. from a foreign country!!!! so they want to get married, bla bla bla... my mother seemed like she would just be mom for the rest of her life, not someone's wife. i'll leave the reasons for another day. just know that its possible to love. and hope it doesnt take 44 years.

3. american idol is good, if for nothing else than to ail the grieving. my friend, the one who got drunk at the christmas party, her father in law died. she held his hand as he passed earlier that day. she started the work day off crying and dealing with her sadness in between ringing up guests and eating unneeded desserts. at 8 i turned to fox, and pretty much did all the cashiering while she stood in front of the tv and laughed. by the end of the night there was a smile on her face, which is the way i always like to see her. i dont know what happened after i left, but at least she smiled at crazy people singing " i shot the sherriff" in full costume, for a lil while.

4. your crotch should NEVER smell of alcohol. so we went out to drink after a long friday night- i wasnt buying of course. i decided to try out my "martinis might be to much" alternative plan and drink an incredible hulk. loves em. too much, maybe? around 3am, my old (literally) friend thomas began his heinneken(or however you spell it)-fueled speech on men who cheat on women, when i asked him if he was faithful to his woman. as i began my hulk-fueled response in a fully gestured manner, i hit the top of my glass and spilled it on my pants. ok, no good. then i realized i was wearing lycra, and in my semi-drunken genius, explained that it was ok, because lycra doesnt absorb! thats why we wear it to exercise! genius! and as i sat my happy ass back down, i realized that liquid has to go somewhere. and victoria's secret is that she likes the booze. and one of my friends calls me hulk drawers.

and lastly...
5. if you are in the closet, close the door. two of my coworkers, one clearly gay, and one really sensitive, got into it monday night. the sensitive one claimed the gay one was "looking at him funny" which turned into a shouting match dead in the middle of the kitchen. now, i aint in all that. my problem is that the gay one comes to me saying "if i was gay, why would i want him?" and then tell my best work friend, mr sensitive's best work friend, that you are, in fact, gay. as if i wasnt blaringly aware. i mean, i was a drama student. like sillk says: "you aint gotta lie to kick it." so if you are in the closet, dont keep the door wide open, step out a few feet, and then jump back in like we didnt see you at the window a minute ago...

time for my next class...

No comments: