Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Live blogging the vote

November 4, 2008
1216am
My bff bre, who at my birthday party told me he didn't see the point in voting, spent 2 hours waiting in line to vote. I'm excited and so proud of him. Barack really can change minds eh?

I met a woman from wasilla who is a democrat. She said she never liked or voted for Sarah Palin. She was awesome.

I also met some Obama campaigners and they gave me an official button! Yay! Now I have two!

I'm getting these lil random thoughts out of the way so I can concentrate on what's happening in front of me at the polls. I'm waking up at 630am to go vote. My mom and my bro will be up too. Im looking forward to it!

630am
Kesi is already at the place. I haven't eaten yet! He says there's 160 people there. He'll be done way before me cuz he's already in line. I'm debating going in my pjs. I'm too tired to put thought into clothes I'll just change out of to go back to sleep....

645
I'm dressed and ready to go. Decided to put on jeans and a light blue shirt. This IS history, lol. The line has swelled to 300+ by now. The news happens to be at my polling place. Thank you channel 2! I'm waiting for my brother to vacate the bathroom so I can go brush my teeth and jump in line.

My mom said my grandma couldn't move last night and she sat all night waiting for someone to come by. Not that she called anyone. She can be so stubborn! So my cousin Tia took her to the hospital. She's a nurse... Gosh.

701am
I'm walking to the polls. Its a nice day! You know, for the sun to not have risen yet. I'm listening to Omar's "give me sunshine." I love how psychic my music player is! I got my camera case something historic happens..... You know, like a black man running for president or sumn.

711am
My mom and I are in line. A neighbor gave us a ride. Kesi said there are no cell phones inside. I've already started taking pix. I'm at the end of the parking lot and kesi's inside the building. My mom is talking about the crazy ammt of ballots there was to be sent out Sunday night.

727am
There's a woman out here selling coffee and krispie kremes. Damn I forgot my snack! System of A Down's "soldier side" is on now. Just filled out my voter certificate.

733am
"I got another wall to work through then i'll be in the hall right before the voting room." that's what an hour got him, lol.

743am
Rainbow connection is on. I smell coffee. I'm pretty close to the door and I'm close to the coffee vendor's table. Blahh. We're supposed to be giving out free coffee at Starbucks but they say our store isn't participating. Wack! I hope we are though. I gave away pastries and coffee to the staffers I met yesterday and a few others. Its just how I felt. "the warmth" by incubus is on. "remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth."

752am
"Pretty good year"- tori Amos. See? Psychic mp3 player!

757am
I'm in the building and the line has wrapped so that Kesi and I are literally 10 feet from each other. We're making google eyes at each other. I just took a pic of him. When I volunteered a few weeks ago I was calling out, "take a date to the polls! Girls think voting is sexy!" its true.

804am
Kesi banned me from texting him til he's done.
Ooh seats! Ahhh. I just walked up to a fellow voter to ask about a crochet pattern. Her mom made the blanket. Damn. Of course mom's not here... Their baby was so cute though.

813am
Just walked up to my brother and told him he looks like our father cuz he's pouting. I think the guy in front of him thinks I was flirting with him or something when I was waving.

816am
Someone is catching the spirit right now in line. Every few seconds I hear "Jesus!"

820am
Kesi's done and gone. :( lol that means I should be out soon. Maybe by 9? I've zoomed through here.

823am
Kesi joked that he voted for McCain. I joked that we would not be having sex until further notice.

836am
My supervisor's facebook status has been donated to the McCain campaign. I respect her right to be totally wrong. She'll enjoy Barack as a president. She'll see.

843am
I can see the voting room! Lol radiohead's "no surprises" is on. Yes please, no surprises today. Just let me vote. Gosh I wish I had brought my fruit and nut bar. If yall haven't been to Starbucks and had one, do! I have 2 waiting for me at home.

856am
Done! I voted and now I'm walking home. My mom was still at the booth when I finished. My brother was in line so told him I was heading home. I looked at Barack's name, took a deep breath, and pressed "cast ballot." I love it. Today I'm wearing all my paraphenalia. Buttons, shirt, my "I'm a Georgia voter" sticker... Just passed a neighbor on the street and told her the lines are short. I knew it! Everyone rushed to be first, annd now there's no one there! But its all good. The earlier the better.

I'm headed home to sleep, if the excitement isn't too much. Pics soon. BARACK THE VOTE!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

shani-o said...

Yay! I love live-blogging!

Jazzy said...

wow...I was right there with you!

While I was voting...these two young guys were yelling back and forth.

Dude1: You aight?
Dude2: Yeah mayne...making history is serious business mayne!

I couldn't help but smile.

Veronica Marché said...

Wait, folks were actually catching the spirit? Not that praise service at the polls.

Oh, and...

"Kesi joked that he voted for McCain. I joked that we would not be having sex until further notice."

Hilarity.

Adei von K said...

i wish i had a time line! i had NO line and was in and out in a heartbeat. now at school, voting in class was another thing! post coming soon!

Rashan Jamal said...

This was awesome!!! I wish I woulda read it before I went to vote. I would have stolen it. LOL

Jameil said...

loves it!!! BARACK THE VOTE!!!!

the joy said...

shani- it was so fun. kept me distracted.

diva- lol right? i love the banter.

duck- oh they were cranking it. "yes lawd!!!"

adei- ooh i cant wait. i never did that as a kid.

rashan- lol but youre anti, so...

jam- oh i did and now im baracking the pres!!!