Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday 13: 5 days left!

Ok so election day is 5 days away. All of my posts have been politically geared this week because its all I can think about! Its all the conversation I'm having. Almost. Here's what's on my mind as we get closer to November 4:

1 a guy in Cali who was wearing a "no on h8te" button was beaten by a man with a "yes on 8" lawn sign. They're considering whether its a hate crime. In case you didn't know, cali's prop 8 is for a constitional ban on same sex marriage. I don't understand the fights over political beliefs or the sign vandalizing. I live in a democratic neighborhood and there are plenty of Obama and David Scott signs. If someone was to come steal a neighbor's sun or put something ignorant on it, is that supposed to make said neighbor go, " hmmm now I see it your way! McCain 08!" me thinkest not.

2 speaking of David Scott, I got mail from him and his running mate. I found something interesting about it. Her mailer has no mention of her political offiliation. This, and the fact that I went to school with her son, a blue haired drama boy, made me think she was a dem. Or at least an independent... But Mr Scott's flyers refer to her as "REPUBLICAN Honeycutt." All over the thing. Its like they're saying, "don't be confused, this black woman is not a dem!" lmao.

3 I am in love with "piece of your heart" by natasha beddingfield. Its about how she just needs comfort and not all that conversation, lol. YouTube it. That girl can sing.

4 speaking of, have you seen that "stand up to cancer" female singer extravaganza? Yeah, beyonce, Mary J, natasha, mariah carey, then we got miley cyrus, rihanna, ashanti... I really think there should be a rule about strong singers and weak singers on stage together. And then they let fergie do her stupid reggae thing... Why the hell does she sing like that?

5 I'm trying not to jinx my Halloween costume by telling people what it is. Kesi's either. I really want him to be able to do it cuz I think itd be hilarious. But if he doesn't dress up, I still want him to go to the party. You hear that? I know you're reading!

6 I found out last night that my grandma doesn't vote. That makes me sad. She and I are gonna have to have a lil talk. It may be too late this year, but 2012 Anna's at the polls! Lol. Also my mom told me 2 of my aunts may be republicans. She said its probably their church's influence. I actually started feeling uncomfortable at my old church because of their political beliefs. You aren't supposed to endorse as a congregation, I think but their ideals were clear. Wonder how they feel now.

7 yesterday was my buddy shamarr's birthday! He's 4. We talked last night and he's doing very well. It was late and he had school in the morning and he sounded so tired, lol. I miss him so much. He was such a ball of energy. I was watching the video I made of him wearing my sweatshirt and bowing like he was about to break into some karate... This kid, he's a star I tell you.

8 kesi's birthday is Sunday. We hadn't planned on doing anything, but our friends kept calling me, so now we're going to the movies Saturday. And probably some drinking and maybe football (yuck). He's gonna be 25. My baby's growing up! Sometimes I wonder how I could love him so much after all this. Other times, I just jump to the love. Forget logic.

9 I was gonna buy breezy a bottle of patron for his birthday last week. That ish is expensive! I'll buy him a shot next time we're out.

10 I really want a hug from my best friend. I think she wants one too.

11 there's video of aretha Franklin singing "touch my body. " actually if you go to The Cynical Ones you can see it there. Kilt me. Who is gonna throw you on the floor aretha? Stop playing.

12 my manager had me listening to Ricky smiley at work Monday. I truly love that woman.

13 OBAMA 08!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Jameil said...

dead @ who's gonna throw you on the floor!! DEAD I SAY!! there is a gold-diggin cougar out there just dying to make her feel like a small-waisted, 32B-havin woman. there should SO be a rule about strong singers and weak singers on stage together b/c the weak ones obviously don't understand how dumb they look. we have to protect them from themselves.

(vixenchick) said...

OMG that aretha vid is crazy!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yes she can sisng

and BOO - scared ya



will u be ther in the am?

the joy said...

Jam- I hear she is recently married... Ugh. Everybody needs somebody.

Vixen- isn't it? Can't take it!

La said...

Wait... you were talking about me right? lol

the joy said...

Of course I was! You haven't been demoted or anything, lol. *hug*