Saturday, October 04, 2008

Down Peachtree

Yesterday at work, my friend Work Sam (not to be confused with Ruby Sam, who works with Kesi) said, "I need an AST training book, so if McCain wins, I can go be a supervisor in Canada." I laughed of course, but my manager, who we'll call Monk, because she has OCD, said, "he better win!" and you know what, I really like Monk. I think I have my first republican friend. I had assumed that she was a democrat, because her boyfriend is Cuban, and because she's a few months younger than me. I didn't know there were young repubs in Atlanta. I learned something! Lol. We'll convert her. She'll see. I'll just not talk politics around her because I don't want to lose my job calling her a racist fool or something. *i don't think she's racist or a fool, FYI. But I'm very passionate, ok?*

So last night kesi's egging me on to freestyle, as he is won't to do, to "down rodeo" by Rage Against the Machine. Even back in the 90s, I was all for the political rock. Zach dela Rocha is my homie. System of a Down, the dude from Pearl jam, I could go on, but I won't. Just know when I hear "rally round the family with a pocket fulla shells," I get emotional, lol. Making faces and all. I, today, noticed the anachronism of the chorus of that song as it relates to my life. I cannot "roll down Rodeo with a shot gun," for I do not drive, hate guns, and have never been to California. But I feel it so powerfully because its about revolution. Uprising. Change damn it! (And I frequently walk down Peachtree with a pocket knife, but for slightly different reasons).

I send forth a prayer that Obama wins. I haven't yet watched the VP debates because I was at work, but I hear from facebook statuses that Sarah blew, and when I came in the house my mom was watching and Palin had that dumb smile on her face that made me feel her brain was on "duh." so this woman who essentially needs a cheat sheet could be "a heartbeat away (If I hear that phrase one more time)" and she's dumber than Bush! Whatever "independent" thinking she claims to have done was just a product of her small town small thoughts. Now you're in the big city and all you can do is grin at me. Womp. And I love how people wanna paint McCain as a war hero because he was in a Hanoi jail for 5 years. But they don't mention that it was his fault. If he had not been at the bottom of his class and paid attn in maneuvers, he wouldn't have crashed for the 3rd or 4th time. Bet he was kicking himself after that one....

And so I wonder what Monk is seeing. Is she voting for her parents' party? Is she scared of the inteligent black man (that can't be it, she works with plenty of us)? I don't know. But I hope this nation doesn't go to hell in an Alaskan inuit-weaved basket.

*ps, breezys grandad told us when he was at the bus stop he overheard a convo between a young black chick and a white man. He asked her if she was voting for Barack, and she said "hell naw! I'm voting for Obama!" poor chile.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

After the debate, NPR did a call-in about it and one woman said she loved Sarah Palin because "she didn't know anything." These were her words!! "That makes her fresh."

NO, that makes her unfit to run a country!! I'm sure I sound racist, but white people say (and believe) the most ridiculous things so they won't sound as racist as they are.

Adei von K said...

oh black girl.

eole are just leased that alin didn't sound a dumb as she has in the ast. they considered her debate a success. don't settle for mediocrity and call it great! she answered NONE questions, and andered to the "joe 6 acks" and "soccer moms" who unfortunately, don't know any better.

the joy said...

Diz- what? I love Britney spears because she doesn't know anything. I don't want her to be my president though!

Adei- yeah I'm thinking my supervisor must be a Joe six pack (whatever that means, did she call her people drunks?) or someone who's passive about voting. Can't take it.

Jameil said...

not no i'm voting for obama! foolishness! man. wow... i had a dream rocky won and i was bawlin! i've only had a dream come true once and it was really more of a nightmare. let's go for a DREAM coming true!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Obama will be fine

i didnt know u bussed rhymes on the hum bug