Thursday, October 02, 2008

13 things I love about kesi

Adei has me thinkin about how good it is to have a good man. Reading her list about hers, I'm agreeing and net high-fiving her, lol. So I that fashion, I present to you the 13 unique things I love about Kesi. They're unique because there's plenty of guys who are sweet and generous and sexy and blah blah. But only he can be described using these 13 tenets.

1 he frowns in his sleep. Its rather funny and totally cute. Its like a lil puppy.

2 he says, "it'd be funny if..." and then says something that sends us on a tangent of laughter for a few minutes.

3 he watches All My Children with me and keeps up with the characters.

4 he reaches for me while we're asleep. It wakes me up but I like it.

5 he tries to get me to freestyle rap. Yeah, no.

6 he worries about me going ANYWHERE with ANYONE after it gets dark out. Even around the corner to run an errand with someone I've known half my life.

7 he runs around like a mad man when I'm sick. When my teeth were pulled he bought every soft food in Kroger.

8 he talks freely and fearlessly about our future marriage/ kids.

9 my first attempt at crocheting an 8bit videgame character is the wallpaper on his phone.

10 he's got a crazy name. The last name is french, but spelled wrong; I think "Kesi" is swahili, but it means "born of a troubled father" which is totally funny, and his first name is Irish. Together, it sounds totally made up and I'm pretty sure he's been eyeballed as a terrorist. But you can't walk around with that name and not be totally unique and strange and cool.

11 I think he'd be totally down with the symphony version of Metallica's "nothing else matters" as our first song.

12 his hair curls in lil locks until he combs it. Which I suppose isn't so remarkable, but I love his hair and he's growing it out again. :)

13 we have text conversations like this:

Me: They're gonna roast bats!

Kesi: who? And where?

Me: Andrew zimmern. Travel channel. He's in samoa. I love this show!

Kesi: hahaha that nigga better *redacted for the childrens, let's just say he said something dirty* He has no excuse.

Me: Lol I just laughed so hard. Right though? I'd be so insulted. "nigga you ate slugs before!"

Kesi: haha totally.

Me: samoa looks pretty. We should go some day.

Kesi: gotta get rich first.

Me: true....He just ate a fish eye. Yeah he's a freak.

Kesi: gotta be.

Me: gonna buy you a fish eye.

Kesi: hell no!

Me: damn.

Kesi: why?

Me: I wanted to see if you'd eat anything. Lol.

Kesi: No i don't eat pork so that "anything" stuff is already out.

Me: womp. You're such a picky eater. Have an apple tomorrow. Do you have apples at work?

Kesi: no. Well apple pieces.

Me: Apple pieces? Eat 4 tomorrow

Kesi: why?

Me: Cuz you need to eat fruit and I'm the one to get you to do it.

Kesi: I'll see if I can sneak some.

Me: *cracks whip*

Kesi: *runs*

Me: you better run toward a fruit stand!

Kesi: *runs back* wait, where's a fruit stand?

Me: shit, I don't know!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ the redacted portion of your text message. You guys are funny.

What 8 bit video game character? Mario? Sonic? King Hippo from Mike Tyson's Punchout? LOL

Dopelikelouboutins said...

6 & 8 are too cute and they sound awful familiar lol

Text convos are the best!

Jameil said...

y'all are a mess! he frowns in his sleep? hilarious. next time poke his bottom lip then pretend like you're sleeping. hahahahahahaha

the joy said...

Rashan- it was generically dirty, he just used a word that I don't use on my blog. I did make Mario and sonic, but my first one was megaman.

Diamonds-girl you shoulda heard him the other night. "be careful, watch yourself," like I was getting into a car with a predator. We have the funniest conversations. Just plum foolery.

Jam- lol its more of an angry look than a frown. Like if he wakes up he'll be pissed. I told him I was gonna sleep nose to nose with him to scare him.

Adei von K said...

i like the "wait, where's a fruit stand?" via text!!! y'all are toooooo cute!! and so quirky/funny!!

the joy said...

Lol yeah we're special. It ended up being kinda sad because there used to be a fruit stand near our houses but it closed down because of the econ. :( and we ended up talking about that for a second.