Saturday, October 11, 2008

chalenge!


So la tagged me as an honest blogger. How sweet, right? Wrong! She did it because she thinks I'll flake and write boring things. How dare she!!! My best friend thinks I'm boring! Boo bitch. So here's some honest things about me, some she probably doesn't even know. But first, rules.

1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘honest weblog’
4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
5. And then we pass it on!


1. I was thought to be blind or nearly blind at birth because I didn't respond to the doctor's stimulation. I was just ignoring him. I was literally almost blinded when a car hit the car I was in, on the door I was leaning against. Glass cut up the left side of my face around my eye. I still have scars.

2 I was kidnapped by a former close family friend. At least that's what I refer to it as. I was in school everyday but never able to go home. On my mom's end, it seemed like she was being done a favor, but the person was unstable and tried to make me replace the child she lost.

3 I once fooled around on a greyhound bus. It was still the worst form of transportation I ever took.

4 In 5 the grade I promised a boy that we'd go on a date in 7th grade, knowing that I would be in Atlanta by then. When I came back to visit the summer before 8th grade I found out he told people in our class. I denied it. I still feel bad.

5 someone close to me got pregnant with her son because she was jealous that another woman had a boy with her son's father. I love her son so much and sometimes contemplate telling him, but I worry that knowing the truth may break him, rather than fix him.

6 I kissed my uncle's fiance's son when I was 10. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am not bama. We were not related!

7 I only resent my mother for reading my diary. Multiple times. Anything else she's ever done I can forgive. That, I have trouble with. Most likely because she's unapologetic about it.

8 my dream is to win wheel of fortune.

9 one of my exes killed someone. I only ever told Kesi, but he told a group of our friends.

10. I sometimes wish there was a concrete explanation for my weirdness, so that it could be explained away. Adversely, I hate when people dismissively state that I *would* like, do, or believe something because I am a little off-beat. Not in a "this is interesting, Joy would like it," kind of way, more like, "I don't get it, it gives me the same confusion as she does so she must enjoy it."



so here's who i tag.....

diva
diamondsrforeva
jameil
rashan
adei
v dizzle
wise

yeah some have been tagged already, but shoot, that aint in the rules.

knock yourselves out kids!!!

12 comments:

Jazzy said...

lmao @ "boo bitch"!

1...wow...I hadn't noticed the scars in your pics.

3....on greyhound??? lol

4...lol - let it go.

7...that's what moms do. That's how my mother found out my sister was having sex.

8...good luck!

who? said...

1... wow... kidnapped... like forreal? what was that like?

3... I want to fool around on greyhound... I gotta have money to get on greyhound first

4... for shame on you...smh

5... for double shame... wtf

10... can so relate... very annoying when ppl assume1 weird thing equals something to my liking

Rashan Jamal said...

2. ummm wow...

5. please dont tell him

8. I used to want to be on Jeopardy.

9. Did the police find out about him or is he still free?

10. Weird is good. I actually strive to not have people understand me. It weeds out the shallow people. As far as stuff you would like, be or understand, me and Jam do that... its always the former way though, not the latter.

Jameil said...

you know i don't do tags. son. i don't want you to be kidnapped EVER. and stop ignoring doctors from birth! outrageously hilarious. buses are the WORST!! UNLESS it's some long trip with all of your favorite people along. if that boy harmed himself i'm blaming you. don't tell the kid his mom's a silly skank. sorry if that's your friend but i'm just sayin. it won't ever help to know your mom had you out of spite. many many things are better left unsaid. that is one of them. i was iN LOVE w/my cousin's half brother when i was like 10. we aren't at all related. they have the same mom who isn't related. is your murderer ex still on the street!?!? why don't you just say you're weird b/c weird is as weird does. who needs a concrete reason for that? that in itself is bizarre. i mean come on. a reason for weirdness???

the joy said...

Diva- the scars are pretty small. There's one on my nose, my eye lid, near my eye, and behind my ear. There was even some residual glass in there for a while. Yeah greyhound... It was a boring trip for 2 19 year olds to be taking...


Cannon- it was the worst. Totally different than home, and when I said something about seeing my mother she said "you live here now." when I finally did see my mom and said something about it, she knew it was time for me to come back home.
Greyhound is not worth it, trust me. Costs the same as a plane and takes 10x as long. That'd have to be some orgsam.

Rashan- I'm not smart enough for jeopardy. I'm great at puzzles though. And useless trivia. Oh my ex is still free. He was a juvey and its an unsolved mystery. He actually was an accessory, but... I don't know enough details to go to the cops with anything. I knew you guys were thinking of me in a good way, that's why I tried to differentiate. There are off-beat things that I like, but not everything!

Jam- I think I'm too big for an abduction these days, but just in case I come with weapons, lol. There was other things for me to look at besides some doctor, shoot, I just got here, lemme check things out before you start waving at me... I don't think I'll tell him. I know she loves her son and is grateful for him, so... Glad I'm not the only one with cousin-love, lol. Yeah Mr murder is still around, but way more tame thankfully. I don't see him tho. All my exes run from me.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

congrats - but the wheel of fortune lol, didnt know it still came on - guess i should look at tv more

Southerner in Suomi said...

I have been scared to travel via Greyhound my entire life. I think it has something to do with me just being stuck up.

La said...

AY! lol Why I gotta be booed?!

You did good! And I knew some of these so there! :-p

So...Wise...Sista said...

that was by far the best list EVER. holy shit u were blind AND abducted...AND fucked a murdering savage?! You're AWEsome.

the joy said...

Torrence- WOF still comes on. I'm a classic kinda girl.

Diz- nothing wrong with that. I was to stuck up too but I thought it would be cheaper. Now, I will never sacrifice comfort for price.

La- I'm sorry. I shall applaud next time I see you. But there were some you didn't know, aha!

Wise- almost blind. And savage may be a harsh word. But he is a loser.... And I am so awesome!

Adei von K said...

please don't tell the boy! what will that do for him?

ewww. buses. school buses were cool. and coaches for long field trips with all your friends. that's it.

i still want to be on jeopardy
:-( they came to FAMU to scout talent fall 2007. i graduated in the spring :-(

Eb the Celeb said...

dang... somebody really doesnt want you to see...