Friday, September 05, 2008

I choose my choice!

Does anyone else watch the daily show? You should if you don't. You also owe it to yourself to catch the repeat of Thursday's show when it comes on tonight at 8. Samantha Bee is my hero. Her coverage of the RNC, trying to get people down there to say "choice," was one of the funniest/ most perfect things I've seen in the media today. When John Stewart was talking to Newt Gingrich Wednesday night and he said something to the effect of "palin wants us to respect her choice and elect her VP to take away ours," I thought I had reached my echelon. But oh no.

Ladies and gents, I am so pro choice. Like, hard. I come from a place where there were 2 pregnant girls in my 8th grade class. Where I have friends with babies and abortions. Friends who got married only to be now divorced or on their way. Where I passed out or sold condoms (for $.25) in school before prom because I worked in cvs and was one of few whose mom told me to go to planned parenthood. I've made my good decisions and bad decisions, and I have no room to judge.

You figure a woman who ran away to elope and had a baby 8 months later would tell her daughter not to make the same mistake. You figure SHE of all people would have a more realistic view than "abstinence only." but no. Now she's a grandma. And you CANNOT tell me that she didn't for a second think, "we can just have an abortion and no one will know." I wouldn't think it was a big deal- 17 year olds get pregnant all the time, thanks to lack of education and resources- if it wasn't for all the deafening hypocrisy in the situation. Even hypocrisy is human. Just own up to that shit. Stop trying to paint this situation as something its not. That boy does not want to marry her. He didn't even want kids, lol. Your family and his family got together and decided what was the best way to save face. Some money was even probably exchanged. And it helps that yall are from Alaska. The cost of living is super low, and thanks to oil subsidies, that child gets $300/yr just for being born.


So anyways, I don't want someone who's gonna ask me to respect her child's CHOICE but has no respect for mine. I would choose to have my baby if I got pregnant today (and trust that it would be sooo unplanned). but I'm in a long term, monogamous relationship. Not everyone, including this woman's daughter, can say that. And none of those people have any bearing on MY choice. And so Sarah Plain and Tall (ha! X I see you!) should have no bearing on anyone else's. Don't think you are better than anyone because you had a shotgun wedding. Because you kept your baby and gave him a stupid name.


This is just my interpretation of the situation. I have no beef with Bristol, and honestly I think she's being used as a pawn, and if her moms boring ass wasn't running for VP she'd be telling a different story and her boo would still have that mullet. Anyways, I do have beef with her mom, and the type of people that almost ran my mom down while protesting when she was going to get a pregnancy test, cuz they thought she was trying to abort me. The type of people who put themselves on a pedistal for having more opportunities than others, for passing judgement on situations they themselves have never been in.


OBAMA 08 son!

Yes we can, because we still have rights!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

dont hit tv much

Rashan Jamal said...

I read this the other day but didn't have a chance to comment. Great post. I like it when you get political cuz its still funny. LOL

Adei von K said...

that's right!! everything you said!!

its always the religious right wing. so hypocritical and gay and wed-locked. not that anything is wrong with being gay, but don't be a right wing politician by day and a foot tapping gay dude by night. you too sarah.

the joy said...

torrence- dont comment on something you clearly didnt read.

rashan- lol i was soo rambling. im glad you were feeling me though.

adei- girl dont get me started on their supposed moral monopoly and their going back on their own "beliefs." they anger me.