Thursday, September 25, 2008

13 famous people I've met.

So me and my supervisor were talking about how year mom from Moesha was acting snooty with him (honestly I think that'd be her personality regardless, lol), and it led me to this week's Thursday 13. I've kind of categorized them for you...

1 Anne Rice

I met her at a book signing. I'm a big fan of the Vampire Chronicles, and even included her stories in to a report about book adaptations. Anywhoo, I don't remember what we talked about, but I'm glad I met her when I did. Apparently she became a born again Christian and stopped writing about Lestat. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2 Terry McMillan

I wrote about meeting her a few weeks ago. It was awesome. She was just so breezy. So comfortable. Loves it.

3 Maya Angelou

She was sitting in a wheelchair in the lobby when I walked over to her, my entire bank in my hand (hundreds of dollars). I would have gladly lost my job to meet her. She was so sweet and peaceful. And she looks like she could have been thinking up a poem.

4 ludacris

I was 17, it was Christmas. My friend Melanie, an intern at DTP, called me and asked if I wanted to hold some signs up in exchange for meeting Luda. Yes maam! I had listened to him every day after school when he was 97.5's Chris Lova Lova and loved him since. I missed my chance at the skating rink so she got us in at the Bounce, this GHETTO ass club from back in the day. Anyways, it was 2am when I met him. He called me beautiful. Nothing could get me down after that. Even finding out my boyfriend was cheating on me.

5 Isaac Hayes

I don't remember why he was in the hotel. All I remember is he got a roast beef sandwich. And he was real mellow. Cool as you would think. This was before he left south park, I think a few months before. He was awesome.

6 Chris Daughtry

Last summer he came into the store and stood at the magazine rack. Not many people recognized him. He didn't seem to mind. He was really lovely. And cute for a bald guy. His band came down later and kept me company (and I, them, I'm sure) later that day. I decided to buy their album because I liked them as people. The album wasn't my that great. He should have just joined Fuel when they offered instead d remaking their music. But whateva.

7 Ronnie devoe

Scream! I loves me some new edition. Ronnie came into the hotel and I fawned and told him that he was my first concert when I was 5. I even got a picture! Then I fell out. No lie. After he left, I hit the floor.

8 the chick from blaque who didn't leave, but not the one who raps.

After I picked myself up from the floor I went back to work. I was serving this chick who looked familiar. I asked if she went to Howard. No... My high school? Nope. I couldn't figure it out. "I was in Blaque." oh yeah! Boom like an 808, yada yada. Oh yeah, she's married to Ronnie and has this SERIOUS ring. I mean, you could kill someone with an errant wave hello with that thing. Later we heard stories about how she flashed the bartender and claimed to have a 3rd nipple.

9 Elizabeth Rohm

I knew her from Angel, before I started watching Law and Order. I walked into the service elevators and there she was! I squeaked. She called me adorable and took a picture with me.

10 Mercedes Mcnabb

If you hadn't known, I'm a big buffy/angel fan (shout out to Rashan!) so when Harmony walked into my job I freaked out. She said I was more enthusiastic than most of the people who paid to see her. She asked if I was working the next day and promised to come back and take a picture with me. And she did! Its stuff like that that makes a person cool to me.

11 Kevin sorbo

Mo hit on him so hard last year. I mean, she still has his picture on her mantel. And she did that "hurcules, hurcules" clapping thing from Nutty Professor. Lordie. My friends, I tell ya.

12 lavar Burton

My friend said I had to say "but don't take my word for it!" when I saw him. I didn't. But I did tell him that he was my reading hero as a kid and that my mom is a TNG trekkie to the core. He really did a lot for kids back in the day. And roots? Don't get me started.

13 Judge Mathis

He bought baby oil, condoms and mints. Hot night for the judge! Lol he was there speaking to a boys group. See, when I tell you I'd take yall on judge Mathis when you owe me money, its not just a threat. Me and him go way back.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

11 comments:

shani-o said...

Tell me why I'm MOST excited about you meeting Elizabeth Rohm?!?

I LOVED/HATED her on Angel. She's so pretty, and so tough!

Jameil said...

judge mathis is too much! no! i can't take that! sucks to be a celeb! she looks like she could have been thinking up a poem?? no joy! hilarity!

La said...

"baby oil, condoms and mints" BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alright then Judge Mathis! lol

Liz Dwyer said...

You've met a LOT of famous folks! Wow! And, as a fellow Buffy and Angel lover, I'm happy to report that I met David Boreanaz a couple of years ago. He's sooo hot in person. And tall.

Rashan Jamal said...

I think Jameil would like you to NOT let everybody know that I'm a huge Buffy fan. For some reason, she thinks its weird that I love that show. LOL

LMAO @ Judge Mathis baby oil, condoms and mints. That's how rumors get started. I know I personally am gonna start one that says he was with a young man in his 20's. It should be fun. LOL

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

issac hayes was my neignbor growing up.
ps told u bout wamu now waiting on wachovia. have a great weekend

Sadiqua: Head Mistress, S.O.S. Inc. said...

i love your blog :-)

why have you met so many famous people, and i havent met ANY? like, ever. the best i've done is stand in line @ dairy queen behind our local weather person...i gotta move out of virginia.

the joy said...

Shani- cuz she's awesome, that's why, lol.

Jam- yes. "and yet, still, I continue to rise" lol.

La- right? He was preparing for some kinda night.

Los Angelista- ooh I love him! He's so cute! I watch bones now too.

Rashan- that's not weird! It was a great, popular show! Don't do that to Mathis! I need him for the people who owe me money!

Torrence- that's cool. He lived here in Atlanta?

Sadiqua- thanks. Its my job. I work in a fairly large hotel in the middle of the city. I've met 11 of these people at work.

Jazzy said...

LMAO @ this list.

Judge Mathis looks like a freak...not surprised at his little grocery list! LOL!

LMAO @ you falling out after seeing Ronnie. snickering at you not really knowing the girl from Blacque. She is so easily forgotten though! lol

Dopelikelouboutins said...

Judge Mathis, hawt damn you done moved up on the celeb circuit LOL

No that's cool you got to meet Maya Angelou and Terry McMillian, truthfully I would've just asked her like Real Nigga Shit, Did u really not see that this man was a booty pirate, then I would've quietly walked away lmao

P.S. I FINALLY Saw where the Omni Hotel is, get @ me on FB to let me know when a good time is to pick up the slushie or whatever treat we talked about before :-)

the joy said...

diva- i really cant remember her name!!! ol throwback self. but i wont talk junk about her cuz she's married to my boo and all.

diamonds- no!!! i woulda been wrote up of fired or some mess asking her that, lol. girl i do not work at the omni. but i'll hit you up and let you know where i really am, lol.