Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Please read!

No, I'm not asking you to read my blog, cuz um, duh. I'm not even speaking about this particular post. What I'm asking you to do is read in general. At least do so before you comment or email.

What do we owe each other as owners of blogs? Nothing, really. You choose of your own will to read what I write. I do the same for you. Sometimes I feel moved to make a comment. Sometimes you do too. A topic-relevant comment. I do NOT owe you advertisement. I will ignore you. So hard. You will get the internet equivalent of the stone face. I will net-mug the hell out of you. I'm not going to tell my friends about some article you wrote unless I read it and go "hey, yeah!" Your emailing me means nothing if I've never heard of you before. I realize people wouldn't know what annoys you until you tell them. So here I am. Rashan, La and I were talking about this this weekend. And then Adei and I a few days ago. I remember one of my first posts was about how I hate sales people because they manipulate situations so they can make their pitch and try to sell you stuff you don't need. I hate it equally online. And I'm through. On to other things that's on my mind.

Yep, La and I met Rashan. We went to Cafe Intermezzo, and had drinks and a light dinner. Or at least I feel like it was light. The place didn't seem like the type to have big steaks and whatnot. Anywhoo, we laughed and tripped and La's fam just happened to have the same idea of where to go... So they showed up and crashed the table for a minute. We spent a lot of time talking about the people we could see out the window, some of whom were drunk or unfortunately dressed. Rashan was shorter than I thought he'd be for some reason. That's not to say he's short, but I had him at 6 foot. I always think people are gonna be taller than they are. He also had his name tag on from work, lol. I know where he works! Haha. Considering what he does (I'm not saying what) I wouldn't figure he'd need a name tag. I emailed Jameil cuz she said we were lame for meeting him, as if it were so easy to head up to PA and say hi, lol. But she's headed down to Fla, and if she doesn't come up to Atlanta I may cry, lol. And the best, most unexpected thing about the night was that he paid! For the whole bill! Then he was like, "you guys can take care of the tip," at which point Lauren and I just throw down money. "Aren't you gonna look at the bill first?" nope. We both know what its like to work for tips and our waitress was nice, if a lil weird, so we hooked her up. Personally my whole weekend was funded by tips, and I know how good that feels. Let's see what else? I'm not going in any particular order... Oh, we took pictures, and I sent the one of me and Rashan to him, but I can't post it here cuz I'm on my phone. And curiously, the picture of him and la is gone hmmm... The same thing happened in Miami. Interesting, huh? Wonder how that happened.

Watched Michelle O on the view thea morning. She has great legs. She clearly wasn't a tomboy. Cuz my knees are dark. Besides that she's cool and interesting and I love what she said about her oldest daughter's feelings about crowds. "they're not here for me. I just smile and wave and go sit down." ha! What a clever lil chickie. There was nothing of note on the show really, but I'm sure they'll find some controversy and take something out of context. Womp womp.

I'll have new crochet pix soon! Yay! Have a great day!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

Jameil said...

i can't stand the view but i watched b/c she was on and I LOVED HER!! LOVED HER!!! still jeally you guys all met w/o me... :( AUGUST!!

as for the comments w/o reading and begging for readers and people to buy your books STOP THAT!! THAT'S RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adei von K said...

yeah, you get the side eye EVERYTIME you come 'round these parts... spelling all wrong and ish...

awwww. rashan is a wee man. who wears his name tag 24/7. that's what you're saying right?

la. i got a bone to pick with her...

i watched the view for her! i had to change when they started talking abt pantyhose though. how inane.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Lovin' the "net-mug" Can we create an emoticon for that Suggestion: ):<
It's a frown with a furrowed brow. Lol.

Rashan Jamal said...

I didn't know if I was supposed to say anything, but what is up with that,La? I looked-ed all extra good in that picture and you gonna delete it? LOL

It didn't seem like it was a light dinner the way you tore up them waffles.

And the weird waitress, what did she say? "I hope everybody's happy. No pun intended" Where was the pun? LOL She was cool though.

Yeah, I'm short. I thought everyone knew that. It's not exactly a secret. I'm also not exactly wee, Stace. LMAO!

WORD UP to the first paragraph!!!

the joy said...

Jam- I usually watch it cuz I like whoopy and its not too intense to wake up to, but today was great. I wish I could afford white house/black market so I could dress like her, lol. Don't be perpin on August! Its still hot and we can run in the fountains!

Adei- what did la do to you? Yes Rashan is short and wears nametags, not unlike me on a fieldtrip in 1st grade, lol. The pantyhose thing is because some dude tried to regulate the office so that women had to wear hose. For what? Who does that any more? I hate the damn things personally.
Diz- here here! ): it is! It looks like I just put the smiley backwards. Maybe ):|?

Rashan- hey hey! they were french toast not waffles. Though I do love me some waffles. The waitress was making up her own personal jokes, lol. No, stace is wee. You're pretty average I spose.

La said...

I wonder how that got erased... that's weird. Something must be wrong with your camera Joy... :-)


Adei! What I do?!?! lol

So...Wise...Sista said...

Net-mug.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA