Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jury duty pt 1

*This was written in the juror waiting room before I was sent to a judge. There'll be more on that specifically later on. There's a lot to mention. I will say, clearly, that I did not get picked, so there will be full disclosure.*


I've been up since 615am. Ate my breakfast of oatmeal and Vault and took a shower. Got dressed and tried to leave the house. "you can not go to court dressed like that!" ok, so I had on a fuschia top with a dancing monkey on it (which some have referred to as racist, but its an aeropostale shirt and its cute), and I was thinking more of my picnic date with Kesi in Centennial after I'm done here (because they never keep me long), but I knew she was right. It did make me laugh a little after a while. But um, its hot outside and I was dressing for comfort. I aint putting on a dress! And certainly not tweed pants, as she suggested. I changed into a blue Nike golf shirt. I really look like I'm gonna golf today. I have on tan above the knee capris- I know these type of shorts have a name, but usually I would just barely be waking up this time of day, so- and some loafer sneakers with tan, blue, pink and lime dots. I actually saw a guy with a similar outfit on who looked like he actually owned clubs.

Anyway, I get to the courthouse and they take my camera temporarily. I just gotta make sure I keep this raffle ticket they gave me. I remembered to take my knife out of my purse, didn't think of the camera... Oops. anywhoot, I get to the 7th floor and there's this line that stretches to eternity, because they're not letting people in as a group. You have to check in first and there's 2 people at a windo checking in oh about 300people. Give or take. Maybe 200. Still, that's a lot of people. And I'm tired! I'm listening to Frank Ski, and apparently its Usher Day. Btw, his album sounds pretty wack. His son sounds adorable. Put him cooing for an hour on wax and I may head to Target. But this album? Bah. Not that I own any usher... I hold my r+b dudes to a very high standard. I have Maxwell, Robin thicke, um.... Shoot that's it. I think. I've digressed again.

So I get in the room, and then we watch a movie with channel 11's own Brenda Wood, all about what the hell we're doing here. I don't remember what they said. I was paying attention but my brain was still asleep. I just realized I may be the youngest person in the room. Lol someone in here's last name is "Cooch!" *dead*

So I've been sitting here since then and I am trying to hold on. Reading and playing on my phone. I finished my book 2 days ago. It got really good, at the last 3rd, things started getting really twisted. I mean even moreso than usual.

*****************
At 11ish, I got chosen for jury selection. Of course I can't tell you anything about it. I'm eating lunch now... If I get chosen for the jury then I won't be able to comment on the case until a verdict comes in. If I don't get chosen, you'll hear all about it tomorrow. Some funny things have happened already. Funny odd, not necessarily funny haha. Til later...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

You should have totally rocked the monkey shirt to court. LOL

Glad you remembered to take out the knife. Dont wanna read about you going to jail.

Good luck with jury duty. Don't know if you want it or dont want it, so I hope you get whichever.

shani-o said...

They're called Bermuda shorts, dear.

La said...

Cooch?


Can't.

Only in Atl, lol

Jameil said...

what abt raheem? i like usher's cd.

shani i was gonna call them knickers. lol.

and why does it matter what you wear to jury duty?

the joy said...

Rashan- damn sure shoulda! Lol its not a big knife (I keep that one under my pillow), they probably would have just made me check it. Its just not a good look.

Shani- ah yes. That name makes me think of old people tho.

La- yes cooch. Ohh the day I meet a Mr bananahammock.

Jam- devaughn? Ooh yes please. But I don't have his album, just some songs. They are not knickers! I thought those were short, or under dresses with frills. I don't know why it matters either. You should have seen what some of these fools were wearing.

Adei von K said...

we are here when it comes to rnb. i don't do usher anymore. the last rnb dude was raheem for me.

you really carry a knife around?

the joy said...

yes. yes i do. im tiny, and i will not hesitate to stab a mofo. apparently at work im the chick whose boyfriend might stab you with his sword.