Monday, May 12, 2008

5 hour trip to chili's

So Saturday morning we were supposed to go to my friend's graduation... In statesboro. If you don't know where that is, its kinda near savannah. Its a 3 hour trip, and the graduation was at 9, so we had to leave at 6am. Which meant I had to wake up at 530. Do you KNOW the last yumru woke up at 530?! Me neither. So I get up, and Kesi and I go outside to wait for our friend Thurm. Another friend, Jeremy, was already out there. Luckily it wasn't cold, but none of us are morning people, so we were all cranky and annoyed to be up that early.

Thurm comes, we all hop in his Acheiva (a car I'd never heard of) and we hit the road. Kesi was in the front so I couldn't sprawl out like I wanted to, but I put on "world reggae" on my player and my big shades and closed my eyes. When I opened them again we were at dunkin donuts. Yesss! I had a REAL boston creme and an oj. Yum. And back to sleep.

After a while Jeremy decided that the car should listen to "Dangerous." it quickly overpowered my Maria de Barros, so I just turned up off and shared that I used to think there was an actual man in the mirror that Michael would go to for advice. Apparently I wasn't the only one, lol. That's when the lovely pic was taken of me. So anyway, by now I could tell we were in or near Warner Robins, because there was many a sign for adult themed activities. The big hit was "soft hands massage," which features an Asian bikini model.

So long ride into a short story, thurm calls his girlfriend and asks her to yahoo map our trip. He felt like he should have turned off of 75 by now... Turns out he was right. We were supposed to turn off at 165. We were at 94. Great... So we get off in Cordelle and head to the truck stop.

So at this point we try to decide what to do. Its now 830... If we cut across we could be there in an hour, but we could also be driving through Hanganiggaville, so... We decide to head back up 75. The graduation is a wash.

I go back to sleep, and wake up to the boys trying to decide where to eat. Were back in Atlanta... Headed to chilis! Lol. Good. I need a margarita. After chilis we see speed racer, which I enjoyed despite the fact that I was SOOO tired.

We're sure our friend was disappointed we couldn't make it, but damn it if we didn't try. Next time we take a road trip we have all agreed it'll be a vacation thing, and not a 3 hour trip just to turn around a few hours later (or right away). I slept so hard when we got back to the house.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

9 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

Girl do you know I am SOOOO paranoid about getting lost? Regardless of who was driving I woulda had a mapquest map printed out to give them.

It's so serious with me!

Rashan Jamal said...

Yeah, you shoulda got off at I 16 outside Macon. I know that ride like the back of my hand as many times as I've been back and forth to Savannah.

I beleive I have the trademark on Hanganiggaville.. Royalties, please.

I was out in the CP Saturday. I coulda swore I saw you for a minute, then I realized it wasn't you. Don't worry I wouldn't have said anything... and have you look at me like I'm nuts. LOL

shani-o said...

Google Maps. On your Blackberry. That's all I'm gon' say.

Jameil said...

Y'all are pitiful. I'ma need someone in the car to have some directions. my mom used to have an Acheiva!

the joy said...

Ok, maybe I didn't make it clear... We had directions... From the school we were going to's website... They sucked. You all sound like my mother. Need I reiterate that it was 6am and my whole desire at that time was to sleep? Bah.

Rashan- can I pay you in cool points? I was wearing a bronze paisley shirt and army green short shorts. Where do you suppose you saw me?

Rashan Jamal said...

I was at a liquor store on Virginia Ave... I don't remember the name, but it's right up the skreet from Spondivits. That may be East Point, but the little function was on College Street.

Adei von K said...

achieva... sounds like some japanese car that's really big over there and not doing too well over here... kinda like the peugeot to europe.

why didn't y'all google map it before you left?

i read hanganiggaville as "haigensville" and didn't get it at first. then I re-read and tripped the fcuk out!!!

i been all those places and would not like to get lost there either!! at least ended with chili's :-)

Coco said...

To think you drove right past me to get lost. I decided to de-lurk just to say that. Be happy you didn't go b/c that drive down I-16 is the most boring of them all. I had to go to Statesboro in December and I swore I would never do it again.

who? said...

wow... 5 hours just for that?

I aint gonna lie, I would have drove straight through hanganiggaville for all that. driving for nothing is not hot.