Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bangs

That's what I have today. And my forehead is a lil sweaty. I knew it was gonna be 74 today, cuz I sat there and watched the weather report on the news today! And yet I still decided to curl my hair to the front, lol. What the eff! Lol. Luckily I'm now on the train and they survived.

Unfortunately this might be the press's last hurrah until October. Sigh. Its starting to get hot out, not warm, cuz we seem to skip right over that phenomenon in the spring. Straight to hot. Straight to sweating out a hard-fought press and curl. Did I ever tell you about the first day of 12th grade?

So my mom was so sweet as to press my hair the morning of school. Thanks mom! I was fresh to death! I had on a red sleeveless top and a denim colored (as opposed to actual denim) miniskirt with graffiti print. I can't remember the shoes, but they were on point! So, unfortunately, I had to walk up this devilish hill to get to the bus (also I had to jump a fence, which I didn't mind doing in the skirt cuz no one was around). I'm walking, and I start to notice the 'do is catching a little body. By the time I get to the stop, I have a glorified afro, doo wop style, with those triangular metal clips holding down the hair around my face. Not cute! I mean my hair went from bone straight to its original state in a matter of 10 minutes. And believe there is a photo. Someone thought itd be great to catch Kesi and I on the way to the cafeteria, and while I sometimes look at that picture and think that its one of the few that we took before were dating, and yet we look adoreable, I also look at it and say, "look at that hair!" tragic I tell ya.

So anyways, I now know how to hit up a nice shiny french braid if that ever happens again, but the dry heat in Atlanta is no good for a press. I remember getting my hair done in CT and getting off the plane here with no semblance of the do left by the time I got home.

This week I bought some ol school curl wax and did spiral curls. Cute! I got so many complements! I even loved myself so much I took self portraits, which I will be sure to post soon. This girl who works in the operator ctr told me my hair looked cute and while thanking her and primping I almost walked into a wall. See what the big head gets ya? I had to even laugh at my dumb self for that one, lol. Kesi even gave a compliment, and touched it a lil, lol. He's darling.

I'm glad I got to get my Shirley temple on (it wasn't that curly, but you know what I mean) before the heat set in. Not being able to have "the juice" (as this chick I went to high school with used to call it) for a while will suck, but, on the upside, I can justify double java chip frapps again! Had one once I got to work and it surely hit the spot, lol.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

lmao @ walking into a wall!!!! tooo funny. we were in the 50s today. i just want it to get OUT of the 50s. is that so much to ask? is it??

Rashan Jamal said...

As I was walking up the hill from the parking garage to the job, it hit me that its HOT. Just skipped past the 60's and went to 75. LOL @ you walking into a wall. I hope you played it off.

shani-o said...

Look at you gettin' all hair-y. Wait, that didn't sound right.

ANYWAY, go you!

the joy said...

Jam- it is too much when tornadoes are attached to this weather...

Rashan- right? Damn!

Shani- *checks for walls* thanks!

GreatWhyte said...

Yeah, I remember those press and curl days... I actually miss them little bit. But the downside was that I had to use so much grease to get my hair straght that it was all heavy and nasty in a few days. Bah hair :(