Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Falling

I've been here before. In love. I'm way more cautious now...



His name was John. He was tall, and older, and everything he said sounded really good. I was wooed. I really liked him. I trusted him. I believed in him. He was a big sports guy- used to water ski, and almost got me to, too. Some people thought he was a flake, but he was my first and it didn't matter what they said. He was my guy.



Then, November. It was all over, just like that. I let others get in the way of what we had. Honestly, it felt like half the country was against us! Its as if they'd rather see me with some dumb fool who treats me like an afterthought. I still don't know what happened. It was all a blur, and I was so heart broken. I couldn't watch our favorite shows anymore, I couldn't hear his name.



That was 3.5 years ago. I think I've finally moved on. Today is my first rendezvous with a new guy. He has a funny name, but that's how I like em. He gives me a warm feeling inside and I have the audacity to hope I could spend the rest of my life with him. Or maybe the next 8 years, if I'm lucky.

Time to go vote!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Adei von K said...

did you write that 6 years ago???

La said...

LOL Stace is a blond.

Aww poor John. I need Obama to put him on the ticket as his VP

Jameil said...

YES SHE IS!! LMAO!!! rocky how i love thee! do you know it wouldn't matter WHO mccain put on his ticket, he could NOT beat obama/edwards. that would soo be the best ever. looove me some rocky!!

the joy said...

Stace- shhh...

La- I don't wanna be broken hearted next November, or today for that matter.

Jam- woo! Obama Edwards!

Adei von K said...

ohhhhhhhhhh!!! I just got it!!!!

what the fcuk ever y'all!!! I thought she had an ex named john and the funny named person was kesi!!!! don't act like it didn't make sense!!! isn't today her anny anyway?!!?!?

the 8 year reference didn't make sense to me...

*self medicating wounds inflicted to ego by mean people*

the joy said...

its ok stace. we still loves you.