Friday, February 29, 2008

Achieved nothing.

That's me yesterday. I achieved nothing. I had tons of things I could have done: cooked the shrimp I bought, cleaned my room, did my FAFSA, finished that hella big blanket I'm only half interested in, exercised, got my prescription, put a dent in my book... The list goes on. But instead, Kesi and I laid in bed from about noon til 8PM. I ate some cereal in that time period but he didn't have anything. I don't know how he does it. I can't function without eating within the first hour of waking. When I was sick I barely ate but I still had breakfast.

Anyways, we watched Dragonball Z. Why? Cuz he asked me if I wanted to and I said yes. Plus he sits and watches soap operas with me when he's around, and I secretly think he watches them when I'm not around too. He put together an interesting plot point that only people who really watch would know... Anyways, we watched DBZ ALL DAY. I did do my hair while watching... But I don't think I did such a bang up job with the twists, so I don't really call that an accomplishment.

At 8, we left the dungeon that is my room and went to the fridge. It was full, but yet there was nothing to eat! Plus we had kind of agreed to go to iHop, so off we went. I had my french toast with strawberry and banana, and he had 3 eggs and a pancake. We both had the yummy turkey sausage. I expressed my want to open a restaurant that served nothing but breakfast. Not like the ihop or waffle house which are breakfast joints but also serve burgers and steaks. I'm talking straight breakfast. Cereal, toast, waffles, fish cakes, anything you can put syrup on. And not just my kinda breakfast, but like, English breakfast like beans and toast, and stuff people shouldn't really be eating, like sandy eggo's. This is my dream people. Maybe when we have kids we'll have breakfast day, where every meal will be a breakfast.

After that we went to walmart and I stated that we needed to hurry up and get married so our friend could buy us a flat screen. We have a friend who thinks its wrong that I want a ring before Kesi makes a big purchase like a flat screen tv, and so I told him Kesi can buy the ring and the tv can be his wedding gift to us. My saying that somehow led to how I wouldn't compromise my dream wedding just to get a tv, and that I didn't want antying big, but that I did have specific ideas. Then I ran down a pretty extensive list of details, including where, what month, and what we'd wear. I thought he'd be a lil taken back, but he said, "not under the trees though, cuz I don't want the birds to get me." he also mentioned putting a velvet rope around himself cuz he'd be so fly, lol. This is why he's mine. We spend most of our relationship in wonderland.

We came home and watched Lost. This show is hitting me with consistently good episodes. Loves it! He asked a lot of questions, which I couldn't really just answer because the show is so intertwined that there's no simple answers. He said, "maybe I shouldn't watch this. I'm confused." no you should watch it! Just watch from the beginning. I had forgot it was still 2004 on the show until they showed a calendar.

So that's what I did yesterday. Maybe it wasn't a whole lot of nothing after all. I mean, it took me 20 minutes to type it up, lol. I do plan on doing a voice post eventually. Maybe tonight?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

La said...

lol! him and the velvet rope. hahahahahaha! I heart him.

He didn't know the wedding was already planned? all we need u to do is show up kid.

omg I will so invest in your restaurant. You know breakfast is the only meal that matters to me.

Jameil said...

CHILE PLEASE! that doesn't mean you did stuff. lolol. glad you had fun doing nothing. and why would he be taken aback? only thing keeping y'all from being married is finances, right?

Rashan Jamal said...

Lost is my favorite show. They got all the seasons online if he wants to catch up.

Confession time: My ex used to watch Y&R and I watched it with her. Then we she stopped watching, I kept on for another couple of years.

LOL @ the velvet rope.

the joy said...

la- i know. you should have seen the illustration. he already said its all about me, so i think i just have to give him the date and the location. yay! you can be a part of breakfast day!

jam- i know, but i was trying to make myself feel good about the fact that i laid out all day, lol. i gave him HELLA info. i dont know if we'd talked about ALL the stuff i mentioned so i wasnt sure if he'd be a lil freaked. yeah money is pretty much whats holding us back. oh to be rich!

rashan- you feel me! this season has been on point! i used to think soaps were a chick thing, until i worked twith this guy who said he watched all my children in college. its compelling tv! one thing i can say without bias: my baby does look good in a suit. ill buy hm a velvet rope if he wears a suit enough to warrant the purchase.

Jameil said...

i forgot to mention... HOW DID I FORGET!!?... LOOOOVE YOUR BREKKY IDEA!!