Monday, January 07, 2008

Keeping me sane

Well yeah I been a lil blue lately, but its 2008 and I'm not about to kick the year off in pessimism. I'm focused on the good stuff, the funny stuff, the comfy stuff.


*my anniversary is a month away. 6 years! Insane! Kesi said its the longest relationship he's ever been in, which is something he says every year and is clearly stating the obvious, but I love to hear it. This month actually occurs the same as when we started dating too, which helps me remember the days and dates that things happened. After our first kiss we were joined at the freaking hip. We would stay after school to hang out with each other. I lived in east point, so it took me 15 minutes by bus to get home, if that, but he took 2 trains and a bus, then walked a mile, to get home to stone mountain. I'd call him at like 8 and he'd just be getting home. Now we live within walking distance of each other (though neither of us wants to walk) and its all good. I think back on stuff like that and think, "damn, he must have really liked me!"

*my cousin BJ (yeah I gave him a nickname) is almost a month old, and he's already perfected the "feed me" head nudge. I held him Friday night and he just wiggled his lil body on me and cooed... And then he pooed. Or tried to at least. And a plus, Kesi sat there and asked me questions and DIDN'T run for the nearest exit. He's still at the point where his cry isn't deafening, although he does do it a lot. You know how they say babies just eat, poop and cry? That's him! Though he does smile and stare too. And wiggle. So I'll take it.

*i left that damn supervisor's key in my manager's mailbox. No more work without pay for me. He took it well, which was good.

*i didn't have to wait forever for another day off after my vacation. I was off this Saturday, and I think I'm off next Saturday too. And I got a Thursday off. I hate having random off days, except when they're convenient to things in my life.

*i haven't heard a yes or no about my transfer(the acct dept is working on budgets right now) and have decided to resume my job search. There's still a possibility I'll get the job, but I can't totally rely on just the possibility. I'm focused!

*i had a guest whose last name was Kock. It took all I had in me not to laugh in his face.

*im wearing a sweatshirt right now. Its 1130 at night.

*I finished my new years champagne on Friday night, then sat around with my people (some of whom were also intoxicated) and played Trouble. You know, the kids game. I lost, but had a good time waving the empty bottle around and hitting that clicky thing.

*I hated that everyone took a week off from blogging over the holidays. Except like a handful of people. But now they're back! And I have something to read during my train ride.

*when its slow in the hotel we have the silliest conversations. Breezy asked one of the security guards if she'd eat tiger penis soup, an Asian delicacy and aphrodesiac. Her response was, "if it was the last thing in the fridge..." would you? I feel that it is my duty to eat any meat that can be hunted. Within the bounds of morality. I've had alligator before. They served it at the restaurant in the hotel a few years ago. Kesi said tigers are endangered though, so I guess eating one's genitals would be a part of my definition of wrong, you know?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

i will try almost anything once. chitlins? no. 6 yrs isn't your longest relationship? that is in insanely long time. good for you on being focused and giving back the key!! ain't they blog lazy?? takin off a whole week. hmph!

La said...

wow. has it been 6 years? aww I love you guys. Next year you beat my record. WOO!

"tiger penis soup"?!?!? lawd. that boy... lol

the joy said...

Jam- yes that's my longest relationship. I just find it funny that he says it EVERY YEAR. Not touchin the chitlins. That's another rule: it has to smell good. Also, I don't eat any parts of the pig.

La- wow you were with that boy for 7 years? Yall were a trip. I'm still mad he didn't come say hi to me. Buster.

Come on. You know you want some tiger penis soup.

the joy said...

Jam- yes that's my longest relationship. I just find it funny that he says it EVERY YEAR. Not touchin the chitlins. That's another rule: it has to smell good. Also, I don't eat any parts of the pig.

La- wow you were with that boy for 7 years? Yall were a trip. I'm still mad he didn't come say hi to me. Buster.

Come on. You know you want some tiger penis soup.