Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gonna have to do this more often

I'm so tired. I just lost about 12 lbs at my first ever trip to a gay club. I know, right? I have had gay friends since I was 12, but I have never been to a gay club? Quoi? Honestly I'm insulted! Anyways, here's my musings on the experience, in list form, naturally:

1. ANY song can be an anthem.

2. Drill teams were clearly created by J setters. They were looking like the "dazzling dawgs" (our drill team from hs) up in that bitch. All smiles and hands on hips... But that shit was hot. Please YouTube j sett. Its deep.

3. You have never danced with a man until you have danced with a gay man. I got worked out! Are you SURE you're gay?

4. I realize that regardless of whether or not the men are attracted to me, they must pay attention to me. With that said, that feeling deep inside of me, mixed with the song "percolator" had all eyes on me. Seriously, Joy. Where did that come from?

5. "she aint better than me though!" but clearly I am cuz you didn't challenge me. Perk on that boo.

6. Bad taste transcends sexuality. Its winter outside but its summer in here boo. And besides that, that sweater is ugly.

7. Your dad is gay. Or your friend's dad. Or your uncle. Trust me. I seen him at the club. He had "dad" written all over him.

8. Gay dudes don't huddle up like chicks do to decide whether or not to bring dudes back to the crib/hotel. Or, at least not the ones I was with.

9. I'm not in the business of blowing up spots. Yeah I saw you, and you know you saw me hours before you said hi. But unless you mention it at work, I won't.

10. Mmmhmm kappa, I see you.

11. You know your town's scene is small when you come to Atlanta and see people from home.

12. Apparently I have a "pastry." I think that's too dainty a term for my butt. Especially when you have to use 8 different desserts to describe it.

13. This didn't happen at the club but it was still funny. When you ask an old married couple on the elevator which one's the top, you are basically trying to kill me. Especially when the old couple has no idea you are even talking to them, and you continue to give your assessment on why the husband is a sub.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Jameil said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQzGw1DZl3w&feature=related he was gettin it!! i looove how its all set to bmore club music. i'm so obsessed w/it. and it sooo req. j settin!! i had a blast at the one gay club i went to. some of the best music i've ever heard all night long. i def. already knew i needed people looking at me regardless! :) lmao @ i saw your gay daddy!! hilarious!!

Adei von K said...

girl, you are right! Bomb drill teams have a gay guy as their coach!

i have yet to go to a gay club. we need to find one when you come to south florida :-)

dazzling dawgs? i'm sorry, that's horrible.

the joy said...

Jam- love that music! Hence my freakout during percolator!

Stace- yes! We so do!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to a gay club but I have been to a club with a gay man. it's quite interesting...hitting on the same men. but he seemed to have better luck than I did. meh.

shani-o said...

7. Your dad is gay. Or your friend's dad. Or your uncle. Trust me. I seen him at the club. He had "dad" written all over him.

^^^

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love this post. And I'm gonna need to see what the hell you were doing during the percolator.

the joy said...

Rady- lmao! That's life. I've been to clubs with gay men before, but this is totally different. I was one of 4 girls there.

Shani- let's see...though I didn't do the actual dance- thank God for that- I'm sure I turned someone straight, lol.