Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'm happy!

I hate having the first post on my page be one where I'm upset. Because it doesn't happen very often- I'm a fairly even tempered person- and it gives the impression that I'm still in that mood, even 2 days later. I kind of am, but I'm in a more resolved state. The resolution? I'm not working new years eve, and if I don't know about the new position by next Friday (which I should) or it doesn't go my way, I'm applying at a place where I know I'll get hired and I'm done with the place I'm at now.

On to better things.

Seeing how I'm a person who believes that Jesus was indeed not born on December 25 (or 26? I always have to look at a calendar to remember what day Christmas is. I know its Tuesday), I feel that I can open what few presents I get as they appear. So when my first of three (!) presents appeared Thursday night, I was giddy. It took a minute to open that damn bubble wrap package. He got me the first incubus cd, which I totally didn't expect because I didn't actually say I wanted it. I said they had cds which I don't even have, and I said it in a way that I wasn't actually dropping hints. That was awesome of him.

My second gift came last night. When I came in from a late dinner with Lauren there was a large box sitting on the kitchen table. Inside was my hoodie! He has a black hoodie with his nickname on the back which I loved and I wanted one too. Mine is royal blue, and had "kaori" and my high school softball jersey number on it! Oh he's so sweet! I didn't take it off until I went to bed.

I got him a box of cereal. No, seriously. I got him some cheerios with a special prize in it: Madden 08 for xbox360. Of course he was thrilled. But he was really silly about it too. As soon as he unwrapped the cereal he was like "oh snap, lemme get a bowl!" and he was serious about it too. I asked him how he'd feel if I had only gotten him the cereal and there was nothing else, and he said, "I would have been happy, cuz now I have something to eat in the morning." at some point in the conversation he even added, "but the cheerios are mine for real, right?" I really don't know what to do with that boy.

There's still one more gift out there. This year we are really doing a role reversal. He's been on point with the gifts and I was struggling with what to get him. By our own admissions I'm the gifting queen and he's the one that usually has a hard time. But I think I did a good job, and I definitely got points getting the baker to make some cookies that we don't sell anymore for Lauren. And they were warm when she arrived at the hotel to keep me company. :D

The best gift I could ever get this year is time off to see my people though. And having Kesi meet my aunts and cousins from my dad's side of the fam. He knows of some of them, but seeing how I don't spend much time with them, it'll be a treat for both of us. My aunt is grilling for the holiday because she doesn't really want to bake or roast anything. Sounds like a good idea. It'll be a light thing, with about 15 people. I hope my uncle Richard can come. He lives in south Carolina, and has no beef about driving down here (see my brother's graduation, him waxing our living room floor, our house warming, other family events). Also, I emailed my brother, and I would like to see him too. But that's a stretch. I don't even know if he's out of bootcamp yet, so...

But anyways I'm in a nice, calm mood about the last 9 days of the year. I'm gonna take it easy and take lots of pix. I'm sure that unlike most I'll be blogging and probably reading some new blogs too. Any suggestions?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

MMMM grilllling! do you read rashan yet? he makes me laugh. 1969 is a good one, too.

Adei von K said...

i love that you put his gift in a cereal box!!!!!! OMG, I LOVE IT!!

the joy said...

Jam- thanks. I read a lil of rashan's' but 1969's link was acting up so I'll have to wait on that one.

Stace- I wish it were my idea, but it was a good one none the less.

Jameil said...

http://nineteen69.wordpress.com/

and liz http://www.losangelista.com/