Wednesday, December 26, 2007

i fell asleep, and when i woke up, all the chicken was gone!



spent christmas day at my aunt linda's house. let me just say straight off that i did not see my brother or my dad. but i still had a good time.


my cousin chelsee (her grandma and my dad are sibs). aparently we look alike or sumn. lol.


what a cutie!!! my cousin tika's youngest daughter. she has 3 kids and i thought the guy who was there was the father of the youngest two... he wasnt. so T gets around, lol. but baby was sweet!!! her name is joy too, her middle name i think. She kept trying to grab the camera, but I wouldn't let her. I did let her grab my lip and she scratched the mess out of it. Looks like someone punched me in the mouth.

my brother is a pure tard. i was trying to be candid here... the chick in white is T. she made some curry chicken and some peppered fish (she's jamaican) that i really wanted to try. after my first helping i took a lil nap, and when i woke up, all the chicken was gone!!! wtf? there was a full pot! grrrr. so disappointed.


i think kesi had a good time. he spent alot of time down in the kids' room playing wwe and other games, so there was a win, lol. everybody loved him. when we were waiting to eat we went through my aunt's 8 million photos. apparently we're alike in that way- we love to take pix.
one thing that kinda disappointed me was that i was not in too many group pictures. there were lots of family events but i didnt really recognize alot of them. i guess its cuz i didnt spend much time with my dad after a certain point. i remember vividly our trip to Six Flags Great Adventures, and the trip down to SC for my grandma's funeral. and there were a couple of other ones of me in there... but my brother's 1st birthday? i had to have been there, right? my dad was there. sigh. its ok. we're peeps now. she had a picture of the first time we met as older kids, and i didnt realize until yesterday that it was at that point (me 16, him 12) that he was already almost taller than me!!! we all looked the same shade because the boys were outside sweating and playing (even the youngest J, who is an inside kid) and i was at softball practice all afternoon. i really wanted to take that pic but there was only one copy. but there was plenty of this one!!!wasnt i cute? this is me and my cousin amin. kesi says i still wear hoodies like that (uh, dude, you just bought me a hoodie, dont be hating!) and lauren says i still look like this. i know i still make that face. and my cheeks are still HUGE!!! lol
so i had a great day. it was nice to see my people again. we'll have to do it more often. i hope i can convince my aunt to upload at least most of those pix...they were crazy!!! my parents at 18, my dad's pix from when he was about 8. me when i first moved to ga (id really like to borrow and BURN those).

1 comment:

Jameil said...

i still look exactly the same. joy... i hate to tell you this... but.... I ATE THE CHICKEN AND IT WAS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! shouldn't a fell asleep.