Sunday, November 25, 2007

History

Its raining. Blah. I mean I guess its good... Now that its not what anyone could consider warm out, maybe the rain will hit the right spots and raise the water levels. Maybe I can go swimming without cutting up my feet this summer? Or am I headed on a beach vacay?

On to the subject of this post. I've been keeping a diary on and off since I was 12. My first was one I stole (I was quite the klepto at a young age) from CVS and had space for each day. I would take it everywhere. One day I left it in Spanish class and of course some kids in the next period class read it.... Some of whom I knew. And that kind of turned me off to the idea of keeping my personal thoughts in a book... Until the summer before my 8th grade year when my aunt D bought me a cute one with a cat on it. I was spending the whole summer in CT, being all angsty, and she probably could see that I needed an outlet, lol.

So I've been thinking about starting a second blog for said diaries. I've always had the idea of publishing them, but wasn't sure if anyone would want to read it. One time I let Kesi read it (I haven't even re-read it in years) just so he could see who I was. Apparently I was mean and a lil funny. I'm sure "scathing, stuck up bitch" is how I'd describe myself back then, but that was only in my diary. That's how I responded to my lack of "popularity." you know, that perfect girl personality you see on tv, that I thought was realistically achieveable. If I had been as observant as I am now, I would have seen that no one I knew had that, and that I had the best array of friends snd was pretty well-known. Even if it was for being weird (yes I wore black velvet 6inch platform Mary janes and painted each nail a different color, so?).

Of course it would require a few footnotes by "grown Joy," cuz half the time you all would have no idea what I'm talking about, what with not knowing these people, and I would have to omit a few that have no real subject matter at all... Mainly I would have to reread my old diaries, which I don't really do except for a few high school ones, when I am trying to figure out what happened when and I am hoping I mentioned it. The idea of going back to age 13 is absolutely petrifying! I was crazy back then! I mean... At least now I know the idea that I'm the only one that matters is only a truth to me, and no one else.

So is this a good idea? Would you do it? Are you still cringing at my definition of my favorite shoes from 7th grade?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Jameil said...

of course i'm still cringeing at those shoes, dear. i started diaries incessantly but never wrote in them more than 5 or 6 times. college was most consistent but still not much. i was better at communicating i think with other people. that's probably why the blog works for me.

the joy said...

Stop cringing! They were cuter than they sound!
I find both very easy. But back then I was very melodramatic, so having somewhere to be so was very important to me.

Jameil said...

no. i know what those shoes look like. i've seen them. sigh. SIGH!!