Thursday, November 15, 2007

Excuses.

She said after six, right?

Well I have company. I can't call while company is here.

I have to wait for my night minutes.

I'm in the middle of this blog... Its really interesting.

Where's that phone number?

At 919PM I finally brought myself to press ok, as my phone asks, "call Barbie?"

"Hello?"
"hi can I speak to Barbie?"
"this is she."

And its just that easy. In a matter of 2 hours we are caught up. Laughing about things, talking about God, joking. And apologizing. "my mind, the place I was in at the time... The things I said and did were wrong and I am really sorry." and I exhale.

It came out of nowhere, the sorry. I wasn't expecting it. But she was waiting for me to call so she could say it. She said she knew God was pulling her toward me, happy that her ex asked about her through me, so that we could have these words. She said it was her test. I'd say she passed.

I wouldn't say we are where we were. We're different people. And because of that we can reconcile the past. We talked about it with laughter: the time her husband and I talked our way out of a suspension, the time he got mad at me for smoking a cigarette (which led to an interesting conversation about how she and he work better together because she doesn't let him double standard her, which I totally let him do to me), our other crazy exes (who we can get a laugh out of now...).

She had to go and wants me to call her tonight. For all the fear I had I feel a lot better. I'm not sure if things can be the same because I've been told her husband still harbors some resentment. But that's his problem. I told him a long time ago that I would want to be his friend.

I'll keep you all updated on things...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Ms.Lady said...

been there with one of my current friends...forgiving and forgetting is possible and it feels really good...im glad you are rekindling a lost friendship :-)

La said...

:-) thats always a good feeling