Friday, October 26, 2007

Child today...

Someone I knew used to say that when she was having a bad day and someone would ask how she was. "child today."

"Today" is a bad day, one which is suffered through. In my case "today" was yesterday, when I had to run the store alone thanks to a call off. For the most part I could not bring myself to smile at the many guests I had, at least until I texted Lauren and she related to me and encouraged me. I thank God for her. I took a little sheet of paper and wrote down some suggestions of places to apply to and counted the hours until I could get home and get on the internet. I also texted Kesi: "I gotta do something, man. I can't take it!" "so do something." it really is just that simple. Although what I want to do is quit, I know I can't just yet.

When I got to his house I got on the net and sent my application to a few more "Atlanta Institutions." the act itself really lifted my spirits. Imagining someone calling me and setting up an appointment for an interview. Saying, yeah I could do that, I could work there.

I decided not to go to the Halloween party. Yeah I been looking forward to it but I think I'm getting sick and I don't have a ride. Still looking forward to Kesi's birthday Friday and our lil weekend of love, lol. That's one thing I'll miss: cheap rooms! I'll have to get the hook up from the people I would still plan on talking to once I leave from here.

Genarlow Wilson got out of jail just now. Yay! Could you imagine, one thing you did in high school coming back to you as 10 years in jail? That's just not fair. I'm happy for him. He seems like he grew a lot since he was 17. Very introspective about the whole thing. He's ready to eat some real food, lol! And he still gets to be a role model for his sister. Awesome.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

La said...

Aww. "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill be theeeeeeeeeeeere, just look ova your shoulder baby!!!" lol