Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Baby time

So Saturday was my friend's baby shower. Yay! She came and picked me up (I felt so weird having her take me but she didn't mind. "its a little thing for someone I haven't seen in so long") around 330, and chatted with my mom until about 4, the time of the party, lol. Fashionably late, oh yes.

Her family was so cool. It showed me how much I really used to spend time at her house that I remembered a lot of them. Someone asked how we became friends: after my science teacher decided she hated me, she moved me to a seat in the front next to Brandi. She wrote me a note that said "I like fried chicken and N*sync." and the rest is history. I did almost get emotional telling that ridiculous story. We relived the silliest parts of our friendship..none of which I can think of right now! My mom even found the pic of us at the 11th grade prom. We were too fly! Posing in front of her dad's BMW. Hot.

We played shower games. I only mention this because we played one where items in a bag started with the letters in "baby shower" and we had to guess them. Why A= aspirator and E= exzema cream? Sigh. Who calls the sucky thingie an aspirator? Its the sucky thingie. Yall probably didn't even know what I was talking about until I said sucky thingie. And exzema cream? Sigh... Needless to say no one got those right.

Lil pookie will be the flyest baby going. Lots of clothes and stuff, aw junk! Lol and luckily I was the only one to give her a blanket from what I saw. I was afraid someone would buy her one and then she'd take out mine and itd be like, "but this storebought one is nice also..." lol. She and everyone else loved it. (I realize I didn't mention what I did there... The bear is a separate entity, and I sewed it on. But the ears aren't sewn on all the way, they kinda curl up. Cute!)

So we hung out and took pix (see facebook if you're my friend...) and talked about what we're doing now and who's gonna come up and babysit when, lol. You know what's weird? When people you have known since they were 14 start picking up that old people talk. "yeah girl! Uuh huh... Woo child!" and it sounds so contrived. I won't say who but it definitely distracted me from the convo we were having.

After the party we crashed. So full and tired. We watched an episode of Family Guy and I chatted with brandi's lil sis, who I have known since she was 5 and she is now a teen. Sigh, I'm old. She wanted to borrow my shirt. Big sister was like OH, no. We discussed the interest we had in Jenna Bush's book. (The sins of the father do not carry on to the daughter, IMHO.) she's so smart!

And that was my Saturday.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: