Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Got Damn Hercules!

So this weekend wasn't what I expected, then again it was. Because of the credit card debacle, and the fact that the sales room wasn't in our hotel this year, I didn't do any shopping. Friday night was slow as molasses (for this group, a slow night is a regular busy night.) but Saturday was in the game, and tons more fun. I didn't take many pix, but the ones I did, you will see eventually. Here are some highlights. Since I'm on my phone I can't hyperlink, but I'll put the relevant sites up so you can click them.

* my first "celebrity" encounter was Ellen Muth. I didn't want her to know I recognized her because she looked like the anorexic Olsen twin. I mean, you can be small and have muscle mass. Ironically, she visited a few times a day and always purchased food. Saturday she got about $60 worth. She may have been on drugs- her agent dude would only give her $20 at a time.

*then I met Lori petty. can I just tell you I watched Tank Girl a million times? But she was the sweetest. She still looks like she's in her 20s. Ok, 30s, but she is so cool and asked the whole room if she could cut the line to buy wine for her autograph signing. They obliged.

*this man's money smelled like salt and vinegar. Barf! It actually stank up my register. Foolish. Ok, maybe if this happened on Sunday, I could sort of forgive it, as people in costumes tend to get ripe after a few days(there was a man who was "con fresh" and was febreezing everyone he deemed worthy. Thanks!) but Dragon con hadn't even begun and he was in street clothes. You sir, are nasty.

*Superman. Ooh lawd. I used to watch the original Superman tv show on nick at night. This guy looked like him. And then he had the nerve, the gall, to come back shirtless. He knew what he was doing. Mo called him hot when he was in there earlier, and took a pic with him. I mean he wasnt overly muscled, but he was definitely cut, and it was nice. (solja boy is all in my head right now.)

*this man was dressed as a rather skinny darth maul, and he was literally yelling at Mo about AA batteries. It was the funniest. She played the scared role very well.

* the two of us basically turned into the Olly girls. Everything was "hot" or warranted a "wooo!" at 1245am, you gotta get your energy up. "4 red bulls? That's $12! Wooo!"

* my supervisor was a little bone in our yummy dinner this weekend. She just was pitiful about everything. Friday we didn't have enough of a crowd, and we were to push souvenirs. Nobody buys gifts their first night there, she should know that. Then she starts making comments about "you'd never see black people in these kinds of things." well firstly, I see lots of Negros, secondly, as a chosen culture, you can't divide such things into race. I would say it was majority white because the country is majority white. When it comes to things like that you can't say its a white thing. And she said that culture and race are the same (uh no.) and I told her that is mostly true when you are born into a culture, but this is a subculture, and I got an A in sociology. She should look into her own race to see that her statement was false, as she is from Africa and her country has hundreds of tribes. But she's so fucking narrowminded.

*i want to actually attend dragon con next year, and I wanna go as a lolcat. I think that'd be so cute. I'm trying to figure out a really good "can I has..." phrase. Mo wants to be something half naked. If I don't go as that, I'm gonna be a dominatrix, which is also my Halloween costume if A has party.

* Kevin Sorbo came in right before closing Friday Which prompted the phrase "got damn hercules!" to cross my lips. And mo flirted with him, hard. I told her if she hit on him I would fall out. She was hugging all on him and everything. Heelarious.

*pimp Vader and pimp George Bush. Complete with stables. That's all I'm saying about that.

*the dad from Dawson's creek came in and took pictures with me and the evil supervisor. She asked him how is Katie Holmes in real life. I wanted to burn her with my eyes.

*many marriage proposals and phone numbers from white guys who either thought Mo could be their "exotic black experience" or were impressed with my knowledge of their costumes or internet-based jokes. The pirate in heels wanted to take a pic with Mo and his friend made kissy faces at me.

*The polyamorous podcaster who invited me to check out her site because I told her that I thought it was cool that she was one. Guess she thought I was too? Didn't help that Mo kept calling me her wife. Lmao!

*4 friends came as tetris. Yes!

*Erik Estrada and Elizabeth Rohm both hopped on the elevator with me in the same day. Couldn't get a photo with Erik, but I got one with Liz and she even called me adorable because, yes, I did squeak a little.

*breezy proclaiming that he wanted a chewbacca costume just so he could scare people.

*

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

GreatWhyte said...

Um... **chewing my bottom lip nervously** I don't get it.

Jameil said...

lmao @x. i kind of get it only b/c we've done stories abt the furries, but you're way more into it than i would ever be. that superman that ooooooooooooooooooo! now i mean you! sorry. i've been in florida. fla=supercrunk. lmao @ "You sir, are nasty"!! too funny.

the joy said...

lmao x its a "sci fi" convention

jam- i am not a furrie. but i love people making specticals in the name of fun. and i blame my mom for watching star trek when i was lil. tried to post pix... blogger is trippin!