Saturday, September 01, 2007

Black Lady

Black lady, you gone miss your bus,
Talkin on the phone, like that,
I guess nobody ever told you,
student loans will hold you,
Tax you, treat you,
Oh yes they do-oh-ooh...

My friend Troy and I used to change the words to songs in 9th grade. I guess if you can stick to the subject, its not so hard to make a song if you have the right melody. But that's not what this post is about.

I must take responsibility for some of the situation, such as:

*not opening that sallie mae mail that came earlier this month and got lost on the table full o' mail until thursday,

*waiting until I left the house to call the number,

*not being dilligent about my mail in general, which is why my check card has arrived and I am pretty sure I threw it away or even shredded it thinking it was a pre-approved card offer.

Thursday, I called the loan peoples and let them know I needed to hold off my payments. One of the reasons I waited til then is because I needed to wait til pay day because I knew I needed to give them $50 for the fee. So anyways, the girl told me that since this is my third one, I had to pay a good faith payment, which was more than I had. So I said, are there any more options? She then proceeds to take 15 minutes (just about the entire walk to the bus stop)to explain to me the other options, none of which would work for me, because they all involved paying that day, which I couldn't do.

*also, it probably would not have taken 15 minutes if she didn't have a speech problem. Not a lisp or a stutter, no, its that she said EVERYTHING twice, just in a different inflection. "and the payments will be held for 6 months to a year. YOUR payments WILL be held FOR, for 6 months, 6 MONTHS, to a year." are you repeating this for my benefit? Cuz I heard you dear. I really think she was new and nervous, but I was hot and impatient.*

So after listing the other options, she THEN tells me that the good faith payments don't have to be made for a month. I can make the money in a month, why didn't you tell me that ish before you twit? Geez. So we decide to do that, and I run down all my info...

But there's a problem. My card expires like, Saturday. Literally. So I can't use it to make a payment a month out. "well you can use another credit card, or check by phone. Check by phone, or another card." "that's not an option right now, because clearly I am standing out in the street and my check book is at home, and I don't have another card."

So after all that I had to hang up with this chick, try to lower my pressure, and call the bank to find out where my card was. Meanwhile, my ear is sweating. "its been mailed out. It was sent on the 11th." Oh. Shite. So... I think I threw it away. Luckily I don't have any crazy charges, and they canceled that card.

So Friday I called the loan people back. Totally different girl. Took me literally 5 minutes. No joke. Where was she Thursday? They need to fire that girl I talked to first. She's not meant to talk to people. Clearly.

*singing*
So... Act right,
ooh, ooh,
What about my bank account lady, let it go let it go let it go let it go,
What about my student loans baby?
The second woman made it better...

Ps: I found my now canceled bank card. It was sitting on that damn table. Too late now, can't buy a THING til Tuesday.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile