Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Part 2.

Now, where was I?

So we left the club- did I mention its name? MJQ- and headed to the WAFFLE HOUSE! Now this was the nicest waffle house I'd ever seen. But it was in buckhead, so, well. Apparently the two guys I didn't know, Jay (whose birthday it was also) and a guy they kept calling Dad, always fight when they go to the WH. And it seems to always be foolish too. We weren't hoping for that. Though I did threaten some girl Kesi got up to talk to when I thought he said he used to go with her. Lol that's not what he said and I didn't threaten her to her face. I'm always talking about stabbing a ho; its no longer taken seriously.

As nice as that WH was we took forever to get served. I mean, we were there for like 15 before the table got cleared. Menus? Whatever. I don't even need a menu. I get 1 waffle and an oj every time. But I need a waitress for that, huh? But we stayed cuz we were hungry. I may have yelled at a staff member, but I don't think I did, shoot. I just spoke loudly.

One thing I love about the House is you can be as loud as you want. I mean we were acting a fooly fool in there. I was even talking to some TCHS alumni through the window, like, "I told you she went there! Uh huh girl, what Magnet were you in?"

I got MAYBE 5 hours of sleep.

Kesi called me at 930 and said Thurm would be there at 1030. I considered going back to sleep for a half hour, but then I remembered my hair and got up. It was in dire need of a reconditioning. Dire. I was depressed over how cute it was just 18 hrs before.

Lake Allatoona is a billion years away. We got there at 1 PM. It was so nice and peaceful there. I met Thurm's ex, and I could see why he liked her. Pretty, funny, and a dog lover. She has a Boxer named Sugar, and she was so sweet! Later that day, the ex and I talked about how she was relieved we weren't all giving her the evil eye. I told her that as long as he can ne cordial to her, so can I. We knew what it was like to be from a big family who would all turn their backs on one member's enemy. But I told her that as long as he's cool, I'm cool. I don't know specifically why they broke up, but is it wrong for me to wish they got back together just because I like her?

No boat action. But I went swimming! Whoo! It was so nice! But different than the ocean. Firstly, the sharpest rocks ever. I cut my foot! No nice terrain to stand on, just dangerous rocks. I swam with two girls and a few guys, but none of the birthday guys wanted to get in the water. Boo! The two girls though, lol. One of them was loa-ded. I mean, I have pics. You will see them. She kept trying to give me beer and I told her no less than 12 times I don't drink beer. In her sober state we were cool, like fast friends, but then two hours later I was like you need to sit down. Chill. She was opening beers with her forearm. How do you know you have that talent?

Who won at cards? Me! I continued my graduation winning streak at tonk (is that how you spell it?) and bull sh!+. Aw yeah. They were mad at me, lol.

At some point I called my job to see what time I had to work Sunday. "are you on your way?" no, I'm all the way in Canada right now. "you're supposed to be here, can we expect you?" certainly not. So I left my girl Mo by herself that night. Not intentionally, but I felt so bad! I mean, I was gonna go to the lake regardless, but I would have found someone to cover if I'd known they took one of my off days away. My supervisor was so upset she actually walked out of the store while I was trying to apologize, which pissed me off. I apologize, and you can accept it or don't. If she would have said no, I don't accept, I'da been like cool, but she said nothing to me that entire day, and I refuse to try again.

Back to the fun. You know what I hate? Music snobs. We were grooving to somebody's iPod, and instead of just letting it ride, he hovered and seemed to play songs that he felt would impress us. He was Mr Little-known-fact. At one point this song called "breathe" or something, real trancy song, came on. I was like yeah, this is cool, and he was like, it sucks, its house. I was like no, house has more bass than this. And he was like its "GAP house." well, for one, sometimes its not so amusing to be a critic. And also, I like it and its on your iPod, so... The moment I started to not like him is when he said, "who watches music videos anymore?" I do. I happen to think they're integral to today's music, and I love to buy anthologies. I respect it as an art form. Dude.

We left about 9 PM that night. I wish we coulda camped out or something cool, but we all had lives to get back to. It wasn't even really hot out there. Its nice to get away but I couldn't live in the country. Jay sang a lovely song about needing a bath: "dove, safeguard Irish spring, wash me with whatever you bring!" it was wonderful.

All in all it was so much fun. I took tons of pictures and had some good food and hung out with strangers. It was relaxing and peaceful and I would love to go again. I'll post pix ASAP.

PS: congrats to Thurm's sister,Leah who had her first baby this morning!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

lmao @the bath song. good times. camped out???? oh HELL no. i don't do camping or woods. again... wh? *blUYFGibgoaghnia* that was vomit. lakes are gross but i'm glad you had fun. clearly you of all people will love whatever comes on the pod! he was trippin. i miss you! is mobile blogger still trippin??

La said...

Ew! Joy's got foot cooties!!! Also, mmmmm waffle house.

GreatWhyte said...

Waffle House is the jump off! Except for that time my linesister ordered hashbrowns with cheese and they gently placed a slice of Kraft Singles on top of a spoonful of crispy potatoes. **sigh** She really set it off that night!
YES!!! Let me clear my THOAT!!!!

the joy said...

jameil- the song was priceless. he was up on the table and doing a dance... did i mention it was set to the beat of a luke song?

la- i do have foot cooties. every time i take my sock off i reopen the wound. ow.

x- see? we need to take jameil to a good one. mad about the hash browns though... not gently placed.

yes im still waging a war with blogger.

Jameil said...

grossed out by the foot cooties and NO YOU DID NOT MENTION LUKE!! I'M TOO THRU. GIIIIRL i'ma need you to get some sort of program and upload it to the blog or the youtube or the myspace SOMETHING! HUHlarious.