Friday, June 29, 2007

The night shift.

Yes. Blogger mobile still isn't working. And atop that, I can't log on to MySpace. Who at Tmobile hates me? What have I ever done to you? I can make it better!


Ahem. Sorry.

People lemme tell you bout my best friends... Ok only one of them is a part of the elite Best Friends of Joy club, but I still love the other two. Remember how I said that my job was understaffed? Let me paint the picture for you. In my area, there is only 3 PM shift workers. Me, Mo, and our supervisor. Due to our link with the starbucks our supervisor doesn't need to be there all the time, but there's no way for me and Mo to be off at the same time. There's a pregnant girl who works occasionally, but... Same goes for starbucks, with Walter Lee and Breezy, but now they have a new night guy. Until a few weeks ago, the four of us were the night crew. That's how we got so close.


Mo is a funny, pretty girl. She used to go with my friend in high school, a guy who I worked with until he got fired for hitting me with a broken wiffle bat. It was funny at the time... When we work together the night goes by so quick. The other day, we had to work a 13 hour shift (all 4 of us did) and we kept each other laughing by talking to each other with shark hand puppets. She has a lil daughter who I bedore! (that's right, adore:adorable, bedore: bedorable.) she has the prettiest gray eyes.


Mo and I have a lot in common. Besides the fact that we went to the same high school, spending 8 hours a day with a person affords you a lot of time to talk. We have a lot of the same goals and dreams and seem to have that optimism that can annoy the shit out of people sometimes.



I've spoken about Breezy before. He's my dred headed homie. We also went to the same high school and actually he'd seen me many times before we officially met when I worked in hell- I mean, CVS. He has a girlfriend who I love, despite anything I've said while they were broken up. My mental nickname for him is "stepdaddy" because he loves her daughter as if she was her own. He's a big goof man. I mean, all we do is laugh. I don't think we've had too many serious convos in our time as friends, and its not such a horrible thing because despite that truth I know he's got my back like a friend would.




Walter Lee. For some reason I took to calling him that, after the boy from A Raisin in the Sun. I even have other people calling him that. He has a great love for my hair, as previously mentioned, and one day he said, "you're lucky you're not my girl, with this hair," and I said "I know, cuz if I was I'd be pregnant!" He's got two sons at the age of 19. The most recent was born a few weeks ago and he is so cute! Lee is a good, proud father. Our role as friends is nothing but dirty jokes. He and I spend most of the day rocking each other back and forth verbally. He'll say something, then I'll say oh yeah, then something equally inappropriate, and on til one of us has actual work to do.


These are my night crew buddies, in a nutshell. St least 3 of us, and our significant others, are going on a lil weekend soon and its gonna be so fun. More on that when we get the details settled. The thing about working in a hotel is that you really do have a familial atmosphere, and they're like that for me.

1 comment:

Jameil said...

hurray for the love. NOT bedorable. you do know your description made no sense right? just checkin.