Monday, May 21, 2007

The haps.

1. My brother is graduating this weekend! Yay! We have a billion family members coming over to the house from CT, SC, and right around the hood. I'm gonna be so busy this week.

2. My aunt gracie is pregnant. With her 11th child. She's my mom's age. This is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Like her mother, she has 7 boys and now, 4 girls. And of course, this one was a complete surprise cuz her other daughter is 6. She's averaged a child every 2 years- her oldest are my age.

My cousin trav's wife is pregnant with twins. And my cousin leese has formally announced her pregnancy on myspace, so I can be openly excited for her.

3. I think I wanna write short stories. And have my brother illustrate them. I don't know if we wanna do graphic novel style, or maybe like, kids books where there's an illustration every few pages (see: Ramona Quimby) but with a more mature vibe to it. I don't know that I have an audience in mind, but all my stories will be autobiographical and maybe shaan- my bro- will have some stories too.

4. I bought "dress your family in courdory and denim". Its soo good. I was reading it at work and almost completely ignoring the guests. He's so amusing, such a fish out of water that he was convinced everything was better somewhere, even when it wasn't. My favorite part was him describing the house of the kid that hit him, and he said they had Tiffany chandeliers emblazoned with "budwiser." Not sure Tiffany makes those...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

congrats to the baby bro. 11 kids???????? omg. my womb gets shut off at 3 max. i always wanted twins until this woman at work had them and i watched two children grow inside her for 7 or 8 months. yikes! my mom wants to write a children's book. did you buy that book b/c i read it? it cracked me up, too.

the joy said...

My fam is notorious for being gigantic. She's clearly got the most for my dad's side, but some have 8 or so. I so bought it cuz you liked it. And I love Amy sedaris, and I fig he could do for books what she does for acting. I'd like to write kids books, but I think I should have kids first. I see that sometimes I don't know how to talk to them.

shani-o said...

Ok, so Sedaris is coming to my school to speak at Class Day I think...

Adei von K said...

I'm sorry but ELEVENTH child?!?!

we are getting two; hopefully at the same time cause I'm not trying to be all stretched out more than I have to be.

the joy said...

Shani what is class day? That's cool though.

Oh stace, if you only knew. I have an uncle with 15. By my count. By his brother's, he has 20.