Monday, April 16, 2007

TV time with ma

I love my mom. I really do. She's starting to turn into one of those older people who don't get the joke.

Usually when I am home from work we hang out for a few hrs and watch TV in the livingroom where the DVR is. Saturday we watched the antm marathon and run's house. Or I watched run's house and she chatted about Oprah. I don't watch Oprah! And I'm trying to watch how they dealt with the loss of the baby and she's going on and on about how justine is pretty and she could see what he saw in her. Shh!

So at 1130 we're watching Saturday night live. There's a pretty funny sketch about Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton putting don imus(who I, personally, would like to go back to not knowing who the hell he is) in racism rehab. Then there was a lil fake commercial about... mustache rides.

As soon as I heard the phrase I had this stunned look on my face. My mom was half listening and filing her nails or some such. I'm cracking up and she's like, "why are they giving women mustaches?" at this point I start texting Lauren about the hilarity before me. She said I should explain it to her in detail. And tape her reaction. Just then a man walks up with a vibrating mustache and she catches on. Oh how I laughed.

Next up, an ad about the "sofa king." and he's Persian or something, and his family is telling us how she furniture is "sofa king comfortable," or "sofa king affordable," etc. I'm cracking up cuz we did this in high school: sofa king retarded. And she's like, did what? (in high school the joke was to get people to say it faster and faster until they realized they were cursing.) miss mom was sofa king oblivious.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

La said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!


As funny as I predicted it would be.