Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cosigning

I've mentioned before that my butt is getting to be serious. I know people are looking. I'm getting better about it. But every now and then...

"your man let you out the house with those pants on?"

Now this was asked of me by not some stranger, but a fellow employee of my fine establishment. Not once, but twice, oh, just in case I didn't hear him.

"well Johnny (when you say dumb shit I put your name out there), FIRST of all (girls in the A put special emphasis on first when they are trying to make a point) my man doesn't live with me. I own my house. Secondly, hour doesn't let me do anything. He doesn't try to control me. Thirdly, seriously Johnny? For real? What year is this? And finally, no matter what pants I have on this will still be a fire lookin ass that you can't touch." and I'm out.

I get a lot of this, "your man let's" or "your man does," as if I'm barefoot and pregnant, or even have a wedding ring on. Psyche! Then these same people turn around and hit on me as if that wouldn't make both of us triffling and as if they didn't just show how chauvinistic they are.

Like la said, get like me. I am a confident, capable woman, and maybe I ruin your hypothesis that women are golddiggers and want to trap a nigga. Cuz no matter how successful I believe my man will be one day, he is not at this moment ballin out of control, and I certainly am not trying to have his baby right now. Oh nooo. So scrap that theory. It might help you get your relationship game up.

Kesi himself has told me I'm mean to men. I just tend to ignore them cuz I know they can't offer me a thing but a wack line.





Ps: I'm about to go into sleep therapy tonight. I'll be bored out of my mind tonight so I'll be blogging on the experience. Pray for me!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

kyle tells me i'm mean to men, too. i don't give a damn! i'm not here for their self-esteem. and when you're comin at me all sideways how else am i to react? anything else and you'll feel encouraged and we CERTAINLY don't want you to believe that behavior is acceptable, now do we? no we don't.

shani-o said...

lol... I've found that being a jerk just makes them try harder though.

Madam DLBG said...

lol...he should be happy your mean! Cause if you were a flirt, it'd be a whole nother story.

That's one thing I don't miss about teh South...but the DC area aint exempt from that type of talk either...just not as much.

the joy said...

Jamiel, no encouragement. None.

Shani, I'd rather err on the side of hatred. "not interested," doesn't necessarily work.

Madam, he is. We're both flirty but not with people who might take it seriously.