Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Show me

I love that John legend song. It perfectly describes my relationship with God. Sometimes I have so many questions.

I had a funny experience the first week of the year. It was during a conference full of college aged Christians. One of them said to me, "I'm a follower of Jesus and I would like to pray for you. Is that ok?" as a fellow follower of course it was. It really brightened my night-it was already midnight and I had to work til 3am. Another offered to pray for my legs so that I wouldn't be in pain after standing 10 hours 4 nights in a row.

How does it come so naturally? I don't have it like that. I grew up in church and as I said before my mom (and several of my aunts) are ministers. I have no shortage of people to go to. But I don't know. I'm in a position where I feel like I need to feel like God is not a friend-of-a-friend.

I have been feeling it lately. Pressure. Work, home, school... People say, have faith, but I can't help but worry. Kesi wrote me this note years ago that I still keep. Every time I find it, I put it somewhere else so I can find it again, just when I need it. "don't worry babe. He never gives you more than you can handle." I know its true. But I can't help feeling heavy.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Jameil said...

i know. you have to think about the positives. that's hard too. my mom told me that the other day, though and it helped.

La said...

I've been trying to write a blog about my religious views for like 6 months. Haven't quite gotten it together though

the joy said...

You're right jam. I'm working it. Its an ongoing process.

I wanted to mention your former catholicness but who knows what you want to share. Your views and others are def an influence.