Sunday, January 14, 2007

shalom in the home.

1. my mom just called. our roommate moved out. didnt know we had one? 3, actually. she has kids too. but i dont much talk about my family so i dont much talk about the others in the house either.

my mom's been kind of annoyed on this woman, who she worked with and saw hard on her luck 4 months ago. she'd make comments about my dad being around as if my mom still wanted to be with him. they've been apart for years but are still friends. and, hello, they have two great kids! case you didnt know i will always need my daddy and he'll always be around, no matter how grown i am. not only that, but roommate and her kids are a bit sensitive. my fam is one which doesnt tolerate whining and says what we mean. but her kids cry over nothing and it drives me nuts. it also wakes me up when i'd rather be sleeping.

top of the list: not very hygienic either. and that's where the drama began. last couple of weeks my mom had been asking about our face towels. where are they? joy do you have any with your stuff? (i do my laundry separate) she even purchased a cute lil set. they disappeared too. so today my mom wrote her a letter before church- they dont go; my mom is a youth minister- asking if they could take the towels out of their room so she can wash them and open the windows to air out the room. she also wrote out the money she'd given us the past few months and stated that she was writing to keep the records straight. i kid you not there was a basket and a half of just towels. ew! this is probably every towel they ever used while staying with us. i'm not gonna make this a laundry list, no pun intended- cuz there's more i could say.

so apparently the letter offended roommate and i was awakened by them once more, packing. no skin off my back. i'm still pissed about buying food i never get to eat. she and my mom got into an argument where she once again brought up my dad and how her kids dont have that support. not to be mean, but that's not our fault. she also listed "all she's done for us" and my mom said that it was never discussed that those things were to replace the money she owed because all we needed from her was money. i'm sure she cried, and i'm sure my mom was unphased. except that she called me to tell me what's up. she was really trying to help this woman get ahead. but you cant help someone who doesnt want it. i felt like i couldnt move freely in my own house sometimes. and mikey got blamed for the fruit flies. i didnt like that.

2. Speaking of mikey, i noticed the cutest thing today: sprouts. i dont know what they are, some kind of berry- he eats them once a week at least, but i know how they got there. the tank is pretty warm, and i tend to spray water daily. and seeds dont digest... i dont know how to take care of plants. i'm hoping he'll eat them before i have to find out. he'll need a bigger tank soon.

3. this star is driving me up the wall. i want to be done with it already. i'm almost to the tips of the star, but then i have to do the background til its 6ft long. i have another project lined up after that which i'm excited about, which is making the current one more of a pain. i'm gonna keep going though. gotta get that dough.

8 comments:

Jameil said...

ugh. roommates suck.

grossed out by turtles but cute that he eats the little berry sprouts.

the joy said...

update: she called my mom and asked her if they could come back cuz she left in such a huff with nowhere to go. of course my mom said yes but also that once she finds a place to get there quickly.

what is it about turtles that grosses you out? they're cute!

shani-o said...

Um... BOOOOOOO.

shani-o said...

And turtles are cute. But I heard they give you warts.

Or is that frogs?

Or maybe just an urban myth...?

the joy said...

update update: my mom kicked her out after a big arguement last night. she told my mom she had no business in her room and my mom showed her whose room it really was. do you see why i dont talk about my fam? it never ends.

i dont think they give you warts. any amphibian that is. now salmonella is what you gotta watch for.

Madam DLBG said...

This. woman. is. TRIFF!!!

All them dayum towels? Ewww heifa!!! HYGIENE!!!

And then you wanna ask to come back and still get it twisted?

Oh. Hell. No.

You're mom is a mini god in my eyes right now. She did right!

La said...

Lmaoooooooooooooo!!! Get it mama joy! Bitches are the worst. And soooo trifling! Stop with the star! I was just kidding.

the joy said...

madam- right? my mom didnt have to let her back in. and especially when you owe money? she needs to get it right. one of my most serious threats is that i WILL take you on judge mathis. i'ma get my money.

la- lol she had my mom cursin. and you know my mom doesnt cuss.

i figured out what's wrong with the star. now i have to fix it. damn it all.