Saturday, December 30, 2006

mema time.

so i sent my photo to my grandma, my favorite person. did she get it? she didnt call... so i called her.

yay! this is what we talked about.
1. my picture was lovely. she was just saying that she wanted new pictures of her kiddies. so far she's got new ones from my cousin frankie, and me. and she tried to pronounce kesi's first name. lol i was like dont stress mema. she calls him "my little boyfriend." not as in mine, but hers. she is in love with my boyfriend! its all good though.

2. my cousin nicky is doing well. she is diabetic and just had her third baby. apparently mema thought i was her for a minute.

3.my cousin geno is having a baby too. his name is a mix between geno and his baby mama's last names. needless to say, my grandma cant say it. its like, ferchave or something. i'm so concerned about my new lil cuz and that name.

4. my cousin crys's mom is sick. i mean, real sick. less than 100 lbs and on a breathing machine. she smoked ALOT, so much that i know the scent of benson and hedges and think of her when i smell it. she might not make it.

5. my little marmar is too smart! he's my favorite cousin's son and he's two. he got a spanking and called my grandma and cried over the phone. then when mema said, give your mama the phone, he hung up on her! like, no, i'm not supposed to be talking to you! he's so bedorable.

6. we have to buy dreamgirls as soon as it comes out on dvd. grand usually doesnt go to the movies so she's got the hits rolling on the dvd tip. so my ma ranted and raved about how great it was. we gotta do that for her.

ah family. ups and downs. i really miss them. my ever growing collection of cousins. every time i go there's more family to know. and love.

happy new year.

5 comments:

Madam DLBG said...

Awww, mema's as GREAT!!! I love it.

Don't family just seems to multiple overnight...geesh!

Jameil said...

my family is multiplying much more slowly. i'm kind of glad for that. i have 36 first cousins, 4 aunts and 8 uncles. i'd like to thank my cousins for not giving me a million more names to remember.

ferchave? wow. essence or ebony. one of them said if when you tell people your kid's name, they give you a crazy look, that's the look people will give your child for the rest of his or her life. yeah... makes you wanna rethink ashenkashay huh?

the joy said...

yeah family is great. loves them.

your family multiplies fast when your grand parents have 11 kids. both sides. i have almost a hundred cousins. all adorable.

Jameil said...

oh hell no. 100?????? i thought my family was highly poplulated. wow!! i wouldn't even know what to do.

the joy said...

i think i'm the second wave. like, my mema had two sets of kids and when she was having the second her first wave of grandkids were born. so then when the second wave was having kids the first of grandkids were having kids. that's why my bro is the same age as my cousin tia's daughter. and when i have kids the great grandp will be having kids. we had a party for mema's 75th and kesi said it was like the lion king.